ARM 64bit and consolewd

Is there a version of consolewd for the ARM 64bit architecture?

I would need it to be run on a Synology DS218play.

yes there is
there is one for the raspberry pi 3 (64 bit) and 64 bit Linux Desktop
see the linux download page

I did as you suggested and did download, unzip and install according to the readme.txt.

For the Weather Display for Linux console 64 bit Raspberry pi3 if I execute ./consolewd I get:
-ash: ./consolewd: No such file or directory

For the Weather Display for Linux console 64 bit Linux desktop if I execute ./GoWdconsole.sh I get:
ERROR: You can’t run this as ROOT. Change to another user and try again.
If I log in as another user than root I get:
./consolewd: ./consolewd: cannot execute binary file

Any help to this?

those errors usually occur when you are running the wrong archetecture (i.e 64 bit on 32 bit or vice versa)

This is what I thought, too.

When I do a

uname -a

I get

Linux IoT_Chalet 4.4.59+ #23739 SMP Sat May 19 03:08:07 CST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux synology_rtd1296_ds218play

So to me it is an ARM64 architecture. Any other ideas?

I am running consolewd on another Synology system that has an x86_64 architecture without any problem. It looks to me as if the ARM64 version of consolewd is not entirely compatible or having some components left from the x86_64 version (maybe in the deploy folder).

Since it is a problem of 32 or 64bit code, could it be that any of the files in the deploy folder are rather 32bit than 64bit?

you could try copying the deploy folder from the working version to your current version and then copy the files to /usr/local/lib/ and /usr/lib/
as a test

I did as you suggested - unfortunately without any success.
To further check I did copy all consolewd files including the ones in the deploy folder from the working x86_64 kernel based NAS to the other NAS that is aarch64 based, unfortunately without any success, too.

So what I can say for now is:
The 64 bit consolewd is running on x86_64 kernel based NAS Synology DS216+II.
The 64 bit consolewd is not running on aarch64 (ARM64) kernel based NAS Synology DS128play.

Is there any way you could compile a version for the ARM64?

Thank you for your support

Urs

the raspberry pi3 version is compiled for ARM64

I did use and install the latest version (Weather Display for Linux console 64 bit Linux desktop Version on 7 September 2018) - and it worked perfectly on my Synology NAS.

Thank you

that is good
I think I had the 32 bit version as the 64 bit version at one stage on the download page