WD in Client Mode

re the graph data, you can set the client version to be read only for the data files/logfiles and then set the data and logfiles location as the server version, so that it uses the graph data from the server version

Hi Brian,
There is no issue with the graph data, see original post above, its only the extreme data values from the clientraw file that needs to be fixed. Thanks.

that was in reference to bitsostring
use the latest .zip update re the max/min temp and time

Thanks Brian, much appreciated.

Thanks, Brian. Max/min temp and time mod sounds good, too!

Edit: but doesn’t look as if it’s working. . . Min temp still resets to restart time, and max temp appears to be displaying max humidex?

Yes, my findings too, only the time of max temp is now working correctly.

Isn’t that only because time of max temp was later than restart time?

download again the latest .zip update

just realised that the update was not available
is now though
(too early on a cold winters day monday morning here)

That’s better! Thanks, Brian. Is it possible to do the same for max average/gust windspeed?

P.S. We’re having what passes for a heatwave in Scotland at the moment: 21.3

Hi Brian,
More issues have now arisen with the Extreme Conditions Max and Min temps. They are now not resetting at midnight, so I have still got yesterdays values showing !

this will happen if the time is not the same for the client and server pc’s

Doesn’t matter about time difference, it just doesn’t reset at midnight. (Trouble is, I can’t remember what it did before the latest mod.)

Turned client off at 0010 this morning and noticed that min temp was showing garbage, but was too tired to take a screen shot. (I’ll do one tonight.)

Started client at 0935 this morning and wind and max temp are OK but min temp is wrong (it was 12.8C early this morning) and time is not populated (see attached).

Edit: just had to go to Action/Reset Extremes and “press” “Reset daily minimum temperature” to sort it. . . didn’t have to enter the value/time.

mintemp.JPG

i am not sure exactly what is going wrong here, sorry

Just a thought here, Brian, if the Client WD is now reading the Max/Min values from the Clientraw.txt file should it not automatically pick up the new max/min values from the Server as midnight passes? Is it possible that the Client version has a conflict with the need to reset at midnight whilst at the same time receiving data ?
I am personally trying to get round the problem by setting the Client WD to restart after midnight.

I am sure I will sort it out in time and with your guy patience and some more coffee

I’m sure you will, too!

In the meantime, here are two screenshots, either side of midnight. No “garbage” for min temp tonight, but I don’t know what happened to the Max Gust Today.

Shutting down client for the night now. I’ll see what happens at startup tomorrow.

2357.JPG

0001.JPG

try a new .zip update, ready now

Will do; but first I should report that startup went OK this morning at 0935. A single random number appeared first for min temp, like yesterday, but the correct temp/time appeared quickly. Max temp correctly shown 5 minutes before startup.

startup.JPG

OK, so temps now resetting OK.

Max Gust Last Hour also reset, but Max Gust and Max Average windspeeds reset to zero while times shown are for yesterday. (Of course, that’s exactly what’s shown on the server.)

2357.JPG

0001.JPG