Rain Guage, correct 2 days of bogus rainfall..

My Davis Rain guage has had a complete stroke and now all rain related data is completely hosed.

Yesterday (May 30) it recorded something like 21.79 inches of rain (in a period of an hour), and continued counting until today May 31 so now the last 24 hours I’ve had 26.6 inches of rain…

I actually had 0.01. I’ve tried fixing this by using “Action” → “View modify log file/rain totals” and setting yesterday to 0.01, and I cant do anything about today. I also went to “Action” → “convert log files to data files” and that just made the graphs worse.

Is there a way I can completely fix these graphs? I know the data saved on the davis console is a lost cause.

you can set todays rain total
under control panel, offsets and initial rain (and month/year rain totals, in fact you can set a value to update all (e.g a negative value)

you can also edit the logfile to remove (i.e reset back to previous correct value) the wrong values in the logfile, e.g by loading as a space delimited file into a spread sheet
and then convert that logfile to data file (and then recreate the last 31 days graph)

Thanks Brian. I used that a few times and while some of the graphs are a bit broken. Turns out my rain collector is still somehow screwed up so I completely unplugged it from the ISS and called Davis. They’re going to send me a reed switch so I can fix it. Hopefully this will be the end of my rain woes.