Wind Direction Graph

How do I get the Grid Lines back?

Make the graph show N at top and bottom of graph.

grid lines can only be shown for a linear graph
if you have it set to be N in the middle then its no longer a linear graph

Thank you both for your replies.
Another one I have to learn to live with along with “blocky” average wind speed.
Oh dear, such is life!

Post a screen grab showing the “blocky” avg wind speed…there may be a solution…

Probably like mine (green plot, below) from a WMR200 set to 1 minute logging, although wind direction data is sent to WD every 14 seconds approx. . . seems to be only plotting integer numbers. It hasn’t always been like this, so some setting has changed.

windspeed.PNG

the wmr200 provides the average wind direction, and WD uses that (and that value is a whole number)
you could though set WD to plot 10 minute average speed

Sorry, I should have said “wind SPEED data is sent to WD every 14 seconds” - does WMR200 provide average SPEED for the graph as a whole number?

“Current conditions” average wind speed is to one decimal place.

if you look at my average windspeed graph, its not blocky (I have set to plot 10 minute average…try that)

Tried 5-minute average speed and it certainly looks a lot better, thanks.

But the WMR200 console definitely shows average wind speed to one decimal place every 14 seconds, so why does the original blocky graph only show integer values?

windspeed5.PNG

I have no experience with the WMR200, but I took a look at the wind data and chart with the latest WD 10.37S b72 using live data from a VP2. For that set up the wind speed is logged in tenths of knots, and the gust speed in whole knots (dp is present but always zero). On the main screen chart the resolution of the average wind speed plot is only whole knots (converted to mph) regardless of the averaging period. Chart does look similar to that posted, but without being able to mouse over the plot I can’t be sure it has the same resolution.

Thanks, niko.

I’m using the metric logfile option, and my log shows both average and gust speed in knots to 1 d.p. But WD main screen (set to show UK metric) is graphing average and gust in integer knots converted to m.p.h. and rounded to 1 d.p., just like yours. (I had thought the graph plots were just integer values in the posts above, but now you point it out I see they agree with the rounded values in the graph labels: only 1.2, 2.3, 3.5, 4.6, 5.8, etc., are possible.)

Meanwhile, Current Conditions and Extreme Conditions display current, average and gust speeds in m.p.h. to 1 d.p. with no obvious rounding from integer values. Maybe these are direct conversions from the native m/s of the WMR200?

Just noticed that I was wrong about Extreme Conditions: see the attached screen shot where the same Max Gust is shown as Today 19.6 mph (= 17.0 kts) and Last Hour 19.2 mph (presumably direct conversion from m/s).

Similarly, the Max Average seems to be a “real” number, not equivalent to an integral number of knots: 10.0 kts would show as 11.5 mph.

extremes.JPG