Cronmetardownload.exe chrash WD

Hi,

Seems to be a problem running cronmetardownload.exe after last Win 10 uppdate. Got a pop up Message, looks like the “snap” from the eventlog, shown bellow. The pc is then getting extremely slow. Only solution so far has been to switch of the pc, and restart it. The config file is also corrupted when this happens. This has happend to both of my WD’s, on two different pc’s. It has happend twice so far.

WD ver 10.37S60

Programnavn med feil: cronmetardownload.exe, versjon: 0.0.0.0, tidsangivelse: 0x5744ab8b
Modulnavn med feil: KERNELBASE.dll, versjon: 10.0.17134.1, tidsangivelse: 0x149ab0fd
Unntakskode: 0x0eedfade
Feilforskyvning: 0x0010d722
Feil prosess-ID: 0x71b58
Feil starttid for program: 0x01d3f1e1ce022062
Feil programbane: C:\wdisplay\cronmetardownload.exe
Feil modulbane: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Rapport-ID: cb015a51-8d86-4cd7-9589-639d58bcf14a
Fullstendig navn p

which windows version?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Ver: 1803
OS ver:17134.48

i have vers 1803 and it does not crash here
if you could .zip and email me your settings files , I will test/check here

Hi,

Mail sent.

Tor Erik

I have sent you some emails…

Hi,

Just an update on this on…seems like the real issue, is some kind of memory leak when WD is running. After about 2 days all 4Gb of ram is used. The workaround so far, is to do a scheduled stop of WD then wait 1min, then a scheduled start of WD, one time pr 24hour. Problem came With a major Microsoft update…waiting for the next major Microsoft update then… :wink:

Tor Erik

someone else reported this problem
try the latest .zip update of WD and see how that goes (build 73)

Hi, installed build 43 yesterday, and it seems to be working. No memory leak. :smiley:

Seems that i have messed up something during this “Battle”. “Save and exit”, and the “X” in the upper corner does not work…have to kill the task to stop WD. Would be greatfull for any good suggestions.

Tor Erik

most likely you have set a exit password
try creating a file called
exiton.txt
where WD is installed

Hi,

Tried to add the exiton.txt file, no Luck :frowning:

Tor Erik

instead
delete the registry key, when you find wdisplayftp.ini in the registry
[Exit]
control

No, luck with that one eighter :frowning: tried to change ini file, added an empty one, then it is working, so it have to be some fuzz in the ini file? cant figure out what

Checked the INI, file and there was some changes done in WD i coudn’t find