Carterlake web page - images, and other data

hi - i followed the youtube video which walked through creating a file upload using the carterlake template. thank you for posting that!
i think i missed a step someplace - despite watching the video several times.

my page is uploading to my site, and i can view it on my site - but, it’s not uploading the graph files. how do i tell WD to upload the graph files as well?

the other issue is under “other data” some of the information is showing in metric, even though I’m not using metric.
so, max gust is knots instead of mph, min/max temps claim Celsius, etc…how would i go about changing that to reflect the correct units of measurement?

I’m also now using a Davis Vantage Vue - it replaced my aging and failing Oregon setup. I’m very happy thus far! Switching from one to the other was easy in WD.

Thank you!

ok - looks like i needed to enable file 11 under customize internet and file creation setup. that made the curr. 24/48/72 hr graphs show up.

also, enabling file 15 and file 17 brought the conditionscolour and autoscalegraphs.

so, that knocks off everything but the other data section…
the other issue is under “other data” some of the information is showing in metric, even though I’m not using metric.
so, max gust is knots instead of mph, min/max temps claim Celsius, etc…how would i go about changing that to reflect the correct units of measurement?

Have you tried Control Panel, Units ?

actually, file 43 instead of 15…

just noticed my moon/sun icons aren’t showing up either. that looks like file 32 for moon.

i edited the template to fix the units issue under other data - not sure if that’s right or not.

hi! my units are showing correct everywhere else - it was only in the file upload/template that this was incorrect. i simply changed the template to reflect the correct units - it appears the data is correct (but, i need to confirm this).

OK, missed that…

in other words - it looks like the tags were pulling the correct data and it was simply the template that was hardcoded to Deg Celsius, etc. I simply changed it to F and the data stayed the same - so, that appears fixed…

Got it :smiley:

sorry for all the posts and almost live-tweeting my “learning how WD templates work,” but, i fixed one thing and well, i figured why not try to fix the others! haha…:slight_smile:

last item i’m trying to work out is the sunicon in the sidebar of the carter lake template.

Good job! The only comment I would make is that it helps to include the url when asking for help with a website :slight_smile:

that makes sense…

here’s where i’m putting the page…
http://www.monkeysuncle.net/wx/monkeywx.htm

i just wanted to get the basics up and working correctly - then, i could tweak things to get them how I want.

i previously had a VWS page running for years - and, am reasonably adept with webpages, etc.

in this instance, i knew why the images weren’t loading, but i didn’t know why WD wasn’t uploading them.

sunicon.jpg that you are missing is in the folder where you installed WD. Just need to upload one time to the website. It doesn’t appear to change with time of day, it’s just a picture.