Carterlake web page - images, and other data

hi - i followed the youtube video which walked through creating a file upload using the carterlake template. thank you for posting that!
i think i missed a step someplace - despite watching the video several times.

my page is uploading to my site, and i can view it on my site - but, itā€™s not uploading the graph files. how do i tell WD to upload the graph files as well?

the other issue is under ā€œother dataā€ some of the information is showing in metric, even though Iā€™m not using metric.
so, max gust is knots instead of mph, min/max temps claim Celsius, etcā€¦how would i go about changing that to reflect the correct units of measurement?

Iā€™m also now using a Davis Vantage Vue - it replaced my aging and failing Oregon setup. Iā€™m very happy thus far! Switching from one to the other was easy in WD.

Thank you!

ok - looks like i needed to enable file 11 under customize internet and file creation setup. that made the curr. 24/48/72 hr graphs show up.

also, enabling file 15 and file 17 brought the conditionscolour and autoscalegraphs.

so, that knocks off everything but the other data sectionā€¦
the other issue is under ā€œother dataā€ some of the information is showing in metric, even though Iā€™m not using metric.
so, max gust is knots instead of mph, min/max temps claim Celsius, etcā€¦how would i go about changing that to reflect the correct units of measurement?

Have you tried Control Panel, Units ?

actually, file 43 instead of 15ā€¦

just noticed my moon/sun icons arenā€™t showing up either. that looks like file 32 for moon.

i edited the template to fix the units issue under other data - not sure if thatā€™s right or not.

hi! my units are showing correct everywhere else - it was only in the file upload/template that this was incorrect. i simply changed the template to reflect the correct units - it appears the data is correct (but, i need to confirm this).

OK, missed thatā€¦

in other words - it looks like the tags were pulling the correct data and it was simply the template that was hardcoded to Deg Celsius, etc. I simply changed it to F and the data stayed the same - so, that appears fixedā€¦

Got it :smiley:

sorry for all the posts and almost live-tweeting my ā€œlearning how WD templates work,ā€ but, i fixed one thing and well, i figured why not try to fix the others! hahaā€¦:slight_smile:

last item iā€™m trying to work out is the sunicon in the sidebar of the carter lake template.

Good job! The only comment I would make is that it helps to include the url when asking for help with a website :slight_smile:

that makes senseā€¦

hereā€™s where iā€™m putting the pageā€¦
http://www.monkeysuncle.net/wx/monkeywx.htm

i just wanted to get the basics up and working correctly - then, i could tweak things to get them how I want.

i previously had a VWS page running for years - and, am reasonably adept with webpages, etc.

in this instance, i knew why the images werenā€™t loading, but i didnā€™t know why WD wasnā€™t uploading them.

sunicon.jpg that you are missing is in the folder where you installed WD. Just need to upload one time to the website. It doesnā€™t appear to change with time of day, itā€™s just a picture.