GDPR

Brian, the shifting of the responsibility to the consumer does eliminate the risk of some attorney from the EU knocking on your door, but it certainly does upset the apple cart of how things have been done in the past. I, like others, have had computer crashes, and with it most of the emails that I’ve ‘saved’ but never in years past had the need to back up to another form of storage.

All vendors are going to be doing what they need to try to avoid any oppressive action by the EU, but going forward is one thing, having erased all the past history when those of us who have, in essence, depended upon the various vendors having a record that our products are still eligible for upgrade or re-activation by folks like you who offer a once purchase and good forever, ara now in a pinch, not having a record of having bought something.

All this goes to prove that the baby can be thrown out with the bathwater when dealing with this issue. And just how poorly thought out the after effects of this law will be.

I’m thinking it willl implode once a major business gets a complaint and takes this unworkable law to their courts. One reason to not open a branch office anywhere near the EU.

Dale