GDPR

In the USA, at least, there is a popular marketing endorsement called non-GMO, for identifying items that are produced from non-genetically modified plants or animals.

Perhaps we can come up with a fancy symbol and have it be " Non-GDPR" as a sign to the EU’s trolling lawyers that no personal data are stored? Any graphic designers out there to draw up something catchy and slick?

Brian, yes it is 4% of any gross sales, and I assume it is for the year the ‘infraction’ as they view it, is found to have been done.

If your product is say $100 each, but you sold $2,500,000 of them last year, they want 4% of that, not the net profit of $1000 that you made after production costs.

As far as I can see, there are no exceptions. I’m puzzled by how insurance companies, medical businesses, and even car companies with warranties for example with a 5 year bumper to bumper coverage can show how long the owner had the vehicle, if they were told by the buyer to ‘forget me’ and then come in for service.

Or banks, to identify their customers with stored passwords, etc.

The great danger, I think, is to the consumer if they decide to be forgotten, ever regaining their legal status. Are passports protected or exempt somehow? How about criminal records? “This is the tenth arrest for driving while intoxicated for this arrest…No, wait, he was ‘forgotten’ so well, I guess this is his first offense.”

You can see the poorly thought out and not well defined scope of this thing.