Windows 10 build 1803 + Davis/Silabs USB Driver Install Issue

According to the Silabs Forum their Windows 10 driver will not install with the latest Win 10 update (build 1803). Previously installed drivers will continue to work, this only affects new driver installation.

Hi Niko, updated to 1803 last week & all is working here OK, the only trouble I had was with the webcam but all sorted now.

teal.

but it notes that previously installed driver you are OK

Yeah, I imagine if it had affected existing installations there would have been a lot more tears.

Actually, it did affect mine, couldnt recognise it, i ended up having to manually select the driver from the list of drivers.

is there a solution?

Device manager, Update Driver, Browse computer, Let me pick from a list of available drivers and i chose the one that was 2016 not the 2017 as 2017 didnt work

What about for brand new windows 10

1. Pester them to release a properly signed driver - good luck!
  2. Switch Windows into a mode so that it allows the install of unsigned drivers. Lots of info out there about the handful of different ways of doing that. For instance…
    https://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/

From all accounts the switching boot mode method is the most reliable.

All of them are hacks for the real problem though, the drivers should be signed!

I think the older “Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (v6.7.5)” driver is OK too.

so for new windows 10 users, they need to install the older drivers?

I think that one will work, OR they could follow the instructions in the link in my first post to modify the Win 10 driver.