Restarted and Cannot Get WD to Read Data

This afternoon I had to restart my computer. When I ran WD after restart, the data did not get read. The WD display does not show any data, only the graphs up to when I restarted. I tried the wdisplay.ini from the databackup folder, but no luck. What can I do?

maybe check what windows has assigned the number for the com port
and make sure that is still set correct in WD (the com port number)
also see what shows under view, debug info

also what is the barometer reading on the console
you can set WD to debug mode:
setup, advanced/misc, tick to log the raw data
then some extra info should show under view, debug info

I still cannot find what port Windows 10 is using for WD. WD says it is using port 3. Barometer reading on console is 29.69". I set WD to debug mode as you asked. The debug file says that WD has connected to COM 1. I don’t understand. What do I do next?

Also, I set WD to com1 then exited WD and restarted. It had changed back to com3.

its not likely to be com 1
what shows in windows device manager, ports

I’m totally lost. Cannot get WD to show any data. The graphs look normal up to when I restarted my computer yesterday but all the values at the right of the WD screen are blank. I’ve used the backup wdisplay.ini file from the databackup folder in the zip file.

Please help.

This is the wdisplay.ini file from yesterday that didn’t work.

you should not be putting your settings files on a public forum

also you say please help
but I am
but you need to answer my questions so I can help you
what shows in windows device manager , ports?

is there any error in WD under view, program event log?

also .zip and email me the setting file wdisplayftp.reg, from the databackup folder

I hope I have everything you asked for. The program event log - is this the debug info? The log event file was blank as was the program event log.

See attachments. Thanks!

DebugInfo.JPG

wdisplayftp.reg.zip (16.5 KB)

Windows 10 Ports.JPG

Attached is the WD screen as of yesterday’s last update, although the time keeps advancing.

Right click icon on left of task bar and in the list click search and type device manager then click device manager and once open check what port number is assigned.
The number has either been change by windows or is in explanation mark mode i.e. problem with driver has WD is not seeing the com port any more and is giving the error in the log you posted

Tried that and it searched for a Silicon Labs driver but then said there was a problem installing the driver and now that driver does not show in Device Driver.

I looked on the Silicon Labs site and found 2 exe files, one CP210xVCPInstaller_x64 and one ending in in another last 3 characters (I didn’t catch the characters). Could this be my problem, the CP210x driver? It won’t install.

You do have a USB weatherlink - right?

If so I would get the Download for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (v6.7.5) from https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers that one has worked well for other users recently.

Here is what happened when I tried to install the driver. Another thought, maybe the problem was caused by the restart of the computer just before the problem occurred. I was restarting because of a Windows 10 update. Possible?

See below for what happened when I tried to install the driver.

Silicon Labs Driver.JPG

I was about to ask if you has restarted due to an update and yes that may have caused the problem.
suggest you try a power down for 30 seconds then when computer up and running check the device manager again and if still no go try Niko’s link for driver

hcorrin, did as you suggested with exactly the same results - cannot install the driver. What now?

try unticking the setting in WD shown in the attached screen shot
and then restart WD

Did the unticking, but no improvements. See attached.

The CP210x driver is not found in the device manager anymore. It was earlier. When I try to install, it fails.