Month Record Rain Rate does not match day record on the day it was set

Set a new monthly rain rate record today, but it shows as 1.5 in/hr (33%!!!) higher than the daily record, and 3 minutes later. Data shows up the same, both in the tags, and on the main program screens.

Tag data from today, 5/12:
maxrainrate = 0.075
maxrainratehr = 4.500
maxrainratetime = 12:13 AM
mrecordrainrateperhr = 6.000
mrecordrainrate = 0.100
mrecordrainrateday = 12
mrecordrainratemonth = 5
mrecordrainrateyear = 2018
mrecordrainratehour = 0
mrecordrainratemin = 16

BTW, a meteohub hooked up to the same ISS recorded a max of 4.11 in/hr at 12:12am, so I’m inclined to believe that the daily value of 4.5 in/hr is correct and the monthly max has an error…

–Paul

the issue will be the way the rain data arrives into WD from the meteohub
and also the issue that the current rain rate is updated every second, but its only checked against the month rain rate value when new data arrives
so the fix is I need to check the current rain rate against the month rain rate (and year) as that is calculated/updated instead

OK, but just to be clear, the data going to Weather Display is direct from a Davis display / serial data logger cable. The meteohub is attached to a different display on the same station, so both are reading data from display units, Weather Display is not getting data from the meteohub…

–Paul

one other problem might be that this time just happens to be when WD was going the av/ext /noaa report updates
i.e it might have just been bad timing when you got the high rain rate

keep an eye on it too see if the problem crops up again maybe

I’m guessing this was the problem that made me think the yesterday max rate was broken. Earlier this month, I saw a max rate of 4.32 in/hr on the yesterday tag and a 5.16 in/hr on the month record tag for the same date.

I’ve got WD saving the max rain today, yesterday, and month records each day now, so I’ll keep an eye on it…

I could understand if the month rate compare was delayed causing a lower month max to be recorded but, I’m not sure I fully understand how a delay in calculating / updating could cause the month record rate to be reported higher than the current or day max rate…

–Paul

Happened again today for June… Time of max rate is exactly the same, but the rate is significantly higher in the monthly record. I believe the day record is closer to reality…

maxrainrate = 0.086
maxrainratehr = 5.143
maxrainratetime = 7:55 AM

mrecordrainrateperhr = 7.200
mrecordrainrate = 0.120
mrecordrainrateday = 3
mrecordrainratemonth = 6
mrecordrainrateyear = 2018
mrecordrainratehour = 7
mrecordrainratemin = 55