Summary Icon

Long long time user; first time plead for help from WD experts. Finally updated (over 4 years) from 10.37R81 to latest 10.37S72. Got everything pretty much close to what I want to see on my computer screen (win7). METARs are successfully updating hourly but METAR icons are displaying incorrect current conditions including incorrect day/night info therefore sending that incorrect image to my computer screen. Seems like I have ticked and unticked every combo of metar/icon/summary/FTP boxes. Would somebody please come over and straighten out this novice. Thanks. BTW point forecast is awesome upgrade Brian!

I think you might have posted this in the wrong place, i.e. this is not related to weather display live, but instead WD itself, or?

yes sorry

Hi
if you could post some screen shots of the exact problem you are having?

thanks Brian,

Metar graphics are showing nighttime icons but it’s 1400 here. I use KSLI (Los Alamitos Airfield) for my WD desktop current condition icon. And note ‘Seal Beach’ sez: Night time/dry.

weather icons.pdf (230 KB)

even WD’s summary image shows night time
I suspect the problem is with your WD’s sun moon rise/setup (lat/long)
post a screen shot of that

yup that was it you are a genius… or at least you know your program better than anyone else. thank you so much. I’ll try not to bother you so much. once in 10+ years so far except for those couple of times I upgraded my computer. thanks