FTP problems after years of working OK

Overnight I seem to have had a program glitch as shown in the attached screenshot. I was running Build 64 and have updated to Build 72 to see if that helped but the problem persists. Any help greatly appreciated - this is the first real problem in 10 years of using WD.

My website is www.glenbervie-weather.org

Edit: It seems that occasionally the uploads are taking place but then they stop again for a while.

As well as the full ftplog.txt I’ve attached an extract from it which shows the first instance of failure.

wxstatus.JPG

ftplog-partial.txt (1.42 KB)

ftplog.txt (261 KB)

FWIW I get the same thing showing on my Phoenix Weather Forecasts and Current Conditions - Station Status page. Usually fixes itself on the next scheduled update time (e.g., every 5 minutes, etc.). W7 Pro 64 bit, b72 (but happened on previous builds as well). Has been showing up more frequently recently.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 12.24.32.jpg

Thanks for that, John. At the moment it seems everything has returned to normal after several hours of intermittent uploads so fingers crossed! Very odd though.

need to see the ftplogfull.txt

one thing
try setting to use passive mode if you have not

Hi Brian - passive mode was being used. My ftplogfull.txt file is 967MB but was still 42MB when I zipped it so still too big to post. Any ideas? Thanks.

that file is way too large should be 3 - 10 kb

I thought that must be the case - it has entries back to July 2016. Hopefully Brian can point me towards a solution…

just delete that file
it will get rebuilt

Thanks Brian, will do.

Brian - a query about ftplogfull.txt. As previously posted it had grown to 967MB going back to July 2016. I deleted it as you suggested but in 24 hours the rebuilt file is already at 1.3MB and growing. hcorrin suggested in his post that the file should be 3-10kb.

Is there a setting I can use so that the file overwrites itself periodically and does not grow to huge proportions?

yes there is a setting
go to view, ftp log, and unset, append

Thanks - that fixed it.