Missing display data / faulty record

Brian

Brian
OOps … looks like last did not got through

Attached are two screen shots of my WD display and log data for today
The display shows zero (0) rainfall for yesterday in rainfall section @ bottom left of screen, and shows 1.00 mm on graph. ( rain fall is correct measured against official BOM rain gauge)

The log file also indicates rainfall as 1.0 mm. However the log file and display also show that the rainfall total has been zeroed at 08:51 instead of 09:00.
The log file also shows the wind dir at the same time has gone from zero to 32407. … But there is currently no anemometer attached to system ( waiting on a transmitter unit)

My system is Davis VP Pro2 and on a win 10 pc with 8 Gb ram and 256 Gb ssd drive … WD ver 10.37570

hope this gets into the system

missing jpg’s

was WD running the whole time during the reset time?

Brian

Yes … As I was checking rain gauge (manual BOM gauge ) as a check having been away in NZ for a month.

John Y

keep an eye on it and see if it happens again?

Will do …

Brian

attached two graphs with suspect info will send log file as seperate message…

the graphs show in graph 1, it does not show correct data from approx 1500 yesterday as graph time line has not caught up to todays time and data. data shows as a spike.

on graph 2 in extreme conditions section Max temp displays 25.7 @ 3:13 pm( Which is yesterday …??) and min temp is 14.1 @ 9:01 (today …? ) though the log file for today [ 18/05/2018 ] shows min temp of 14.0 @09:00…

There is no indication in Graph 2 that the max and min are todays or yesterdays …( ?? ) Can this be modified to display / indicate todays and yesterdays values …???

graph2.jpg

Part 2 of Query

Attached is log file for 18/05/2018

At 09:51the data is missing for 6 mins and the temp jumps from 17.4 @ 09:51 to 25.7 @ 09:57. the Temp then reverts back to 17.8 @ 09:58… Also note the wind dir goes from 0 to 32407 @ 09:57.

The VP2 Pro console display showed the correct temp during this time with regular temp rises during this period.

There has been no change to set up since last glitch report .and anemometer should be installed in next few days as transmitter has arrived

Cheers

Brian
Updated graph of temps display - 09 - 15 - 11 time

I have not seen this problem before or seen other reports of this problem
is the time and date on the weather station console correct?
is maybe your pc restarting at around 10am, but restarting with the incorrect time?
maybe check your cmos battery?

Brian
No

Brian
When anemometer is installed will reset all sensors and save copy of current data and start new data/log files…

Any comment on display of max / min temps for previous / current day