Disappearing current conditions image icon

I have noticed that my current conditions image icon has disappeared and can’t seem to restore it. Not sure what is happening.

I have also just updated WD with latest download 10.37S71 and found on start up the current conditions icon was there, but at first one minute screen update it disappeared, and as before cant seem to get it back. As far as I know I havent changed any settings. Any suggestions from anyone?

what version were you using before?

Just the last zip update you did for me to set up the Arduino as a source of extratemp sensors. Just updated to your latest update seeing it was available.

there has been no changes made to the current condition icon though in the code
(you could test by going to back to that last version)

I shut down WD and restarted and this time the current conditions icon is now showing ok. However I then went into Setup/Advanced/Misc settings/Main Window Customise - to turn on a show custom image . I selected a Forecast Icon jpg from the Webfiles folder and ticked this. The image comes up on the Main Window but it is another copy of the current conditions icon not the forecast icon. What am I doing wrong?

I must say I find this part of WD very confusing - especially the Summary Images and Icons accessed through Control Panel. Could I humbly suggest that this is an area in WD which needs overhauling so it is less confusing.

what are you trying to achieve exactly?

On my main display I normally have the current conditions icon showing together with a title, eg: Currently: Clear, Night . I also like to have the forecast together with the relevant image icon. eg Forecast: increasing clouds with little temperature change. Tonight that should me for the current conditions the full moon image with the caption showing Clear, Night. The forecast icon should show the image of the moon with clouds.

If I switch on a show custom image under Main Window Customise and select and tick forecasticonnew (from webfiles folder) what shows is the current conditions icon, not the icon for what is being forecast.

that means you must have set the custom image to be the default icon and have that custom image over the top of the normal current conditions icon

Brian,

Where abouts do I check that?

try moving the custom icon away from the normal icon (so that it is not over the top of it)
via the main screen customisation