Weekly crashes

Do you have movie maker in use?
If so, try, as a test, deleting all the time stamped Webcam files

I do have it in use. It was 1.31 gb of pictures. I also deleted everything in the alldayvideo folder, that was 20 gb.
It should be noted that sometimes I see multiple icons of webcamcapture, realtimeclientraw ftp, and all WD associated icons in the running programs list where the icons are on the lower right side by the clock. I reboot when I see that and it all goes back to normal.

So far, so good. I still get the errors “error create custom screen Cannot open file “C:\wdisplay\webcam\jpgwebcam.jpg”. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process” about 6-10 times a day.

WD is using 410 mb memory at the moment. Broken up like this:
Weather Display: 379mb
For home weather stations(with a camera icon): 19mb
FTP: 4mb
croncloud: 4mb
WUrapidfire: 3mb
For home weather stations (with an earth icon): 3mb

Should WD use so much memory, or do I have some settings wrong in the program? I havge it set to reboot the computer twice a week to avoid freezing, but sometimes it still does.

that is high memory use, but as long as it is not increasing
(do you have custom web pages in use maybe?)

I am using custom screen to create the forum signature banner. Maybe I have something set wrong in it…

Crashed again today.
One common thing I’m noticing in the program error log is that before it states out of system resources, there’s an error with the winddirplot each time:
“error with winddirplot Out of system resources
Above error or program log occured at :09 30 02 05/25/2018
ERROR: Out of system resources System.Classes at time/date 9:31:1:572 05/25/2018
Above error or program log occured at :09 31 01 05/25/2018”

I checked task manager and it was not maxed out anywhere. 47% mem usage.

you could try setting to not create that as a test?

I

its file #12 in the customise internet and file creation setup

Crashed again.
How do I turn off the custom screen? This is getting frustrating!! :frowning:
“error create custom screen Cannot open file “C:\wdisplay\webcam\jpgwebcam.jpg”. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process”

That particular error is not likely the cause
But might be
What is the frequency you have for the file saving of the
Webcam image in the wdwebcamcapture program?
You could try reducing that

I have it set to save every minute, and I just changed it to save every 5 minutes.
I’ll let you know what happens! :slight_smile:

Under Action>Webcam, I have files set to save at 1 minute intervals as well under time stamped files setup. Actually the produce every minute and every 30 second override is also checked. I don’t know if there are any conflicts with how I have things set up in this whole section.

I’m not sure it’s related but it happened twice (2) in the last 3 weeks that WD crashed.
What happened:

• WD stopped updating the FTP
  • A flood of Windows system messages on the screen (see below)
  • When I closed all messages, WD still did work and was taking data from the station (Davis)
  • I exited WD and restarted it again. A new system message popped up (see below)
  • Reboot the PC, all OK

Message 1:

Exception EReadError in module ftpupd.exe at 00026C52
Error reading tollstmemo.Lines.Strings::System Error. Code: 8.
Not enough memory resources are available to process this 
command.

Message 2:

Exception EOSError in module WeatherDisplay.exe at
0003A325.
System Error. Code: 8.
Not enough memory resources are available to process this
command.

My laptop is HP EliteBook, Windows10, WD build 68.
I have a 1-wire USB interface taking data from 5 extra temp sensors and do per-minute http downloads and 5 min FTP uploads. RapidFire WU enabled, 2-second clientraw uploads.

Is this a Windows bug or is it WD related?

it might be related to recent windows updates

It might be indeed. Any suggestion how to avoid this?

not at this stage
(except you can set WD to restart daily)
keep an eye on it, that is all, for now

I

you can only try

It did it again.
Should I uninstall and reinstall?
Should I not use custom screens?
Should I not use the webcam and time-lapse features?
I don’t understand why the program has been working fine for almost 10 years with nothing changed, and now it’s having errors with the custom screen and opening the jpegwebcam.jpg file out of the blue. (well for a couple months now) The out of system resources error baffles me since it apparently isn’t out of system resources, at least not when I’ve ever looked at it. It doesn’t even come close to hitting the max on anything any time I ever look at it.

What can I do to fix this?
Please forgive my frustration. I don’t know what to do about this constant problem.