Steel Series video how to

:frowning:
First off, I have WD running on my High Sierra iMac with no issues. It is playing nicely with meteobridge so that is very nice (ie Davis VP2 Plus console connected to Meteobridge via Belfryboy USB logger with WD connecting thru the passthru capability of Meteobridge appearing as an IP logger without locking the port). Readings are updating every 2.5 seconds as I expected. I don’t need WD to publish my station as Meteobridge is already filling that roll. What I want from WD is to locally capture my readings and publish a webpage using those beautiful Steel Series gauges.

I have poured over Brian’s video how to for the Steel Series gauges and while there are differences on the FTP side, I was able to deduce what he was doing. I got all the files, in their proper directories setup on the remote FTP server. The video vs WD 10.37MAC are significantly different especially in the FTP side. I have the FTP URL, login, password setup properly in WD but when I publish the webpage from my FTP site ALL I get are the radio buttons, NO gauges! As a sanity check, I set the same thing up locally but same results. It is likely that I am overlooking some detail but damned if I can figure out what. I have backed away from this 3 times to take a fresh run at it but same results.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

it could be a path issue to the customclientraw.txt file
is that file updating OK on your web site?

Brian,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I went out to the FTP site and the last modified time stamp was hours after I stopped working on the issue but oddly enough no updates since about 9:45pm last evening, but I AM showing to be logging into the FTP site once every 5 minutes since I started things up yesterday afternoon. All the client * files show to have been updated at around the same time last evening with the exception of customclientrawlocal.txt which has the timestamp of when I did the initial upload to the FTP site. The data in the customclientraw.txt file also shows data from the same time stamp as the file itself, so it WOULD appear that the update is happening. Just for a sanity check, I published the htm file again this morning and as was the case each time I have tried this, all I get are the radio buttons which do work, but NO gauges.

I really want to get this webpage issue put to bed before making my decision regarding purchase as the webpage WAS the goal of using WD.

what is the url?

I have not permanently published the URL, but here is the URL that is presently linked to the gauges-ss-basic.htm file located in the root folder of the website.

https://www.drivehq.com/file/DFPublishFile.aspx/FileID5149553002/Keyhde6e9m5o9da/gauges-ss-basic.htm

I do not see a file
at
https://www.drivehq.com/file/DFPublishFile.aspx/FileID5149553002/Keyhde6e9m5o9da/customclientraw.txt

https://www.drivehq.com/folder/p13932301.aspx there is a URL to the root folder of the webpage so that you can see everything

If you want to try and send updates from a test instance of WD I am totally comfortable with giving you the FTP credentials to do so. I just want to get this sorted out as I know it is something simple I am missing.

I think the gauges are looking for the data in the wrong place, in gauges.js try changing to:

realTimeUrlWD : ‘…/customclientraw.txt’,

Made the change suggested directly to the FTP site file and then verified the change, but unfortunately the results are the same…radio buttons, NO gauges

This is the current URL to the root folder
https://www.drivehq.com/folder/p13933743.aspx

Oh well, it was a thought. It’s very hard to fix these things without seeing the website :frowning:

The URL I posted last is to the root folder of the website so EVERYTHING associated is viewable

…and that allows php or javascript to run?

I have no issues but I thought you were mainly interested in looking at the files NOT the output from running the gauges-ss-basic.htm file. The output is exactly what I stated, radio buttons in the location expected, no gauges whatsoever!

I think it is because you/we are loading the page from a file server rather than a true web server that things are getting complicated. When I open the HTML “directly” (via a file share call!) it cannot load the other JS files, CSS etc - the calls work - status 200 - the content returned is just “The specified file doesn’t exist”.

You need to try this on a true web server.

ok, give me a moment and I will move it over to the folder that is specifically for web hosting from this server.

Mark,
Ok, that solved the missing gauges problem. That was fairly easy as the site has a standard folder in my home directory where I simply put webpages and they are automatically published.

https://www.drivehq.com//web/mamoss81/KTXANNA14/gauges-ss-basic.htm

As you can see on the above URL, I HAVE GAUGES, but there is a parse error showing up in the comment window for the page.
Also, the gauges are not being fed obviously so now to sort out that issue. But at least we have progress.

Sorry, I get a page not found error from that link. :frowning:

That is odd, I get the same thing using Chrome but when I use Safari, it works

Mark,
Let me sort out the mechanics of getting the site properly published and then I will get back to you.
Thanks for the help so far!