Backup Registry Settings - Automate??

I’m Using a package called FreeFileSync (windows) to back up several of my systems, including my XP main system and the Win 10 testing system. I do this manually (almost) daily, at around 0640.
File Sync has an option to run as a batch job, and can be time initiated.

Before I do the backups, I do the Windows Registry Backup (in ‘Action’). Manually. Got to wondering if this is a s/alone routine in WD, or can be made one, so I can set a timer initiated backup before I auto kick off the file sync.

Is this possible in any way?

Thanks
Ken

P.S. - Never seem to find a contiguous block of time to do updates, revisions etc - or even test meteotemplate, but I’m an optimist, one of these coming summer days will give me a heat-induced reason to stay inside nd work on it.

Although rather archaic, I back up my weather data to an external drive at approx 12:20am daily via a windows .bat file run by Task Scheduler.
A command I have used in that file to export the registry entries for WD so it can be backed up is…

regedit /e c:\wdisplay\databackup\wdisplayftp.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\wdisplayftp.ini

so this will invoke regedit and export (/e) WD’s registry entries contained in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\wdisplayftp.ini and save to wdisplayftp.reg in a databackup folder in my wdisplay directory.

Martyn – That sir, is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks

Ken

I must be missing something :? Why don’t you guys use WD’s built-in daily backup?

Niko,
Yes, I do use it - it runs daily as per WD setup. Around midnight or so, give-or-take.

It’s just that I do my system backup around 0645, and I thought it prudent to back up the registry settings moments before I do the data backup to the external (network) drive. I usually do the backup within Action manually, anywhere from 3-5 minutes before the data backup run.

I was just looking into an automated way, given I’m not always home to do it.

Ken

you can set the hour that WD does the auto back up