SteelSeries graphs not consistent

Yep, that’s OK. No red flag there unfortunately :frowning:

OK - thanks - just sent you a PM.

It’s a problem with jpgraph in general, not specific to the wxgraphs. I set up a test page on Craig’s server using five of the jpgraph examples and it has the same problem :?

Niko - thank you. I also noticed that they had throttled me back since after numerous tests and attempts with high memory usage, so I think it is a pre-programmed reaction that lasts for maybe 24 hours…

Craig

N - I think I have all the pointers going to the correct folders. There are only 3 or 4 places to configure, right?

Craig

I don’t see that as a problem. I think it may be worth trying a different jpgraph version.

I just saw this and decided to try jpgraph 4.2.0 with my copy of the graphs on PHP 7 and it works fine both locally here on my own server and on my live website. So yes the issue is as has been suggested.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart. I now tried 4.0.1 on Craig’s server and it doesn’t change the problem with wxgraphs or the jpgraph examples. I don’t know what else to do :dontknow:

Yup I took a look again at his steel gauges and sure enough it’s a lottery as to which graphs pop up and which dont. There’s something very strange with the server.

Stuart

Same on the test page http://www.cdcpcconsulting.com/wxgraphs/wxgraphs_test.html

For whatever reason each graph is using a lot of memory, so one or two are OK, but more than that and the server can’t/won’t handle it :?

Exactly what level of PHP is the server running? Is it user selectable in CPanel, some systems allow different versions of PHP to be selected and if so might be worth trying a different PHP version.

Stuart

It’s 5.4.36, I’ll see if there are any options.

I can select it on my system. Currently running 7.2 and it’s all OK. I can try older ones so just tried 5.4 and it works fine almost instant display of all graphs just fine.

Stuart

There’s a warning message:

Warning: Changing php modules and php options via PHP Selector for native php version is impossible

and it currently shows running “native (5.4)” - I’m not really sure what that means but it’s not my server so I’m reluctant to mess with it.

I appreciate both of your trying to get to the bottom of this, but as an average user, I am in about 2 feet over my head… and can add nothing.

If I could disable the graph function I would, but when I renamed the JP and WX folders, I got 10 errors for file not found when the SteelSeries page loaded… It is just a little frustrating…

I do think that means you are unable to change those options for the default PHP but can alter them when not using the default. However I agree with you and would not change anything for someone else’s server just in case :wink:

Stuart

In Gauges.js, look at line 51…

showPopupGraphs    : true,                   // If pop-up data is displayed, show the graphs?

Just set that to false…

showPopupGraphs    : false,                   // If pop-up data is displayed, show the graphs?

Mark - thank you. I have set to false and gauges work without generating numerous errors on the server.

I will run this way until or if it can be corrected on my server.

Craig

Looking good now :thumbright:

Niko - thank you for your help and willingness to hang in there. I will go back to my Host and see if they have any ideas, but as you said they may not fess up. In the meantime I can do without the fly-over graphs.

If you think of anything, I am willing to give it a try.

Thank you again.

Craig