WeatherFlow stations starting to ship

get in quick to get the discounted price

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations#/comments

Am awaiting mine with bated breath :slight_smile: Let’s hope I can set it up on WD :slight_smile:

Very easy to setup with WD
I even have made u tube video on how to find the station ID code in the WF app
Make sure u have the latest WD update

I have a Davis VP2 with WD at present and am awaiting 2 weatherflow sets.

Can you run 2 WD programs simultaneous?. I assume the default location will have to be changed on 2nd install.

yes
install to a new location
then create a file there called 2wd.txt

Don’t run the new install until you have that 2wd.txt file in place!

Does the 2nd WD upload the files to same FTP? How do 2 WDs share settings? I tried it once and it messed up my FTP directory. Maybe I did something wrong?

Assuming you have the 2wd.txt file in place before you ever run the 2nd wd it will start up as a completely fresh program with no settings. If you run it before 2wd.txt is in place it will conflict. Best thing to do is to create the new folder, create the 2wd.txt file, and then install into that folder.

yes, it should start up with no settings (and so you can have separate FTP settings)
make sure it is not a 2wd.txt.txt file
i,e unset your windows folder options to hide known file extensions

Cheers folks, will do

one other thing with the weatherflow station
the temp/hum sensor needs to be placed in a suitable instrument shelter/sheild

just to note also that with a hepatic rain sensor, it is proving for weatherflow a challenge to get accurate rain data
but they are working hard on that

I see in their FAQ that they suggest using the Ambient shelter (about $50) for the Air module :slight_smile:

I’m guessing this is the one they’re suggesting?

That looks like it, on http://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/frequently-asked-questions/

"WHAT ABOUT SOLAR RADIATION SHIELDS FOR AIR (IF LOCATED IN THE SUN) ?
If you must place your AIR in a sunny location, make sure to house within an adequate solar radiation shield and preferably exposed to the breeze. There are solar shields available on Amazon: search

[quote author=niko link=topic=66538.msg535104#msg535104 date=1524706808]
That looks like it, on http://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/frequently-asked-questions/

"WHAT ABOUT SOLAR RADIATION SHIELDS FOR AIR (IF LOCATED IN THE SUN) ?
If you must place your AIR in a sunny location, make sure to house within an adequate solar radiation shield and preferably exposed to the breeze. There are solar shields available on Amazon: search

also with your mounting pole for the windspeed (SKY)
make sure to try and minimise any vibrations (which will cause false rain)

[quote author=niko link=topic=66538.msg535104#msg535104 date=1524706808]
We

I got a laugh out of that too. Spelling’s optional these days it seems :lol:

Just checked with Ambient. The website says you have to remove the casing from the sensor, but they mean you have to remove the OS radiation shield from the sensor before it will fit! Phew!