ConsoleWD offsets not working correctly on RPi3

Hello again, all! I’m getting back into my weather station addiction after a couple of years away from it. Of course, I am going to be using Weather Display, but this time I’m trying to ditch the power-devouring, space-heating desktops and laptops I used to use. (Especially as I currently just can’t afford to shell out for the kind of big box I really want to build. Anyway…)

I’m trying out consoleWD for the Raspberry Pi 3, and it seems to operate in a very stable way, doing uploads as required, etc. Cool! BUT, since I was (and will again be) a CWOP guy, I noticed trying to correct my temp reading is not working. It goes into config.txt fine, and the program very clearly reads that setting. (It notes a raw value and then what it is going to use, so, I think it said it would use -1 deg C when I gave it raw -0.6 C once. Fine by me, really, as I probably need to drop a bit more than a degree just now.) Unfortunately, what goes up to my website and WU seems to be the raw value, ignoring the correction.

I saw a few other posts regarding problems with offsets - apologies if I did not find the one that already answers this question - but none seemed entirely applicable. I’m using old Honeywell TN924W hardware [yup, I’m probably the only one left using the old IROX station type setting], so the posts about other station type read delays, etc., don’t seem applicable. (Nonetheless, I tried changing that, LOL! :wink: The Pi should be latest and greatest, with the caveat it is running Ubuntu MATE desktop. (I have a Debian image. Need to install consoleWD there and see if the problem persists, I suppose.)

Is there a known issue, perhaps? I don’t want to purchase the license only to have it not work with my station and Pi, as this combo seems really promising! (SO promising I am ALSO looking at maybe running the 32bit GUI version under the Exagear x86 emulator, as it turns out that really DOES work, though I have to dig into it some more, and that’s another topic entirely.) It’s inexpensive, seems reliable, runs linux, and it’s just darn cool for a geek like myself!

Did I miss something in setup? It’s been a while, and I WAS a Windows GUI guy back in the day…my bad, maybe? Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Good to be back here after a few years! Thanks in advance! :wink:

what weather station type?

Honeywell (Irox, so 59, I believe) TN924W. Kinda old! :slight_smile:

Seems to be reading data perfectly. Just can’t adjust the temp down.

ah
I had not applied the offset in the code for that weather station type
I will fix and re update and let you know

You da MAN, Brian! Thanks for checking! Will await whatever you need to do. (Meanwhile, I shall play with the emulator for the GUI version! Will ask about that in other posts.) Thanks again!
-Matt

try a new update

Wilco, and will advise you. Thank you, sir!

No go, sadly. Downloaded new zip and extracted to a new consolewdfiles dir after backing up the old one. I did port over (overwrite) the config.txt, if you modified that and I was supposed to use it.

Apparently, temp and hum are both actually getting the values from the config, as I can see them in the program output lines before the repeated Irox reads and data readings. (I’ve used up to ±10C and ±10 pts. humidity. No luck so far.)

If you have any other ideas, please post. i’m still setting things up and testing, so i’m not “down”. Will watch this thread. Thanks!

it should work OK
have you checked the modified time/date on the consolwd exectuable program?

what shows in the start up info re the temp offset?

New executable modified date is Wed 13 Jul 2016 05:45:30 PM CDT

Startup info is as follows:
matt@PiPuder:~/consolewdfiles$ sudo ./consolewd
Station type raw=59<
Station type =59
Weather station type is an Irox
Davis com method d
OWW file location= ←
program location= /home/matt/consolewdfiles/<-
Davis VP IP data logger port= 22222<
Davis VP IP data logger IP= 192.168.2.3<-
Latitude= 38.6
Longitude= -90.3
Station name =LPWeather
Daily rain startup= 0.0
Monthly rain startup= 0.0
Yearly rain startup= 0.0
Will do wunderground updates
wunderground username = KMOSTLOU165
wunderground password = xxxxxxxx
wunderground utc =-5
Dir offset= 0
Comport is USB to serial
Davis com method d
Yes Revb Davis VP
Davis rain gauge .01 inch
mysql username =
mysql server =
mysql databasename =
mysql tablename =
mysql time interval = 300
cwop station id =
cwop call sign = -1 // -1 is default (you do not have a Ham call si
cwop latitude=
cwop longitude=
Will do ftp updates
wmr200 delay =0
FTP server = files.000webhost.com
FTP username =xxxxxxxxx
FTP port = 21
FTPremote dir = public_html
Will do ftp passive
remote file =
FTP time interval = 60
wu =Y
Will save logfile
Will create custom file
Custom file name = index.html
Custom file name 2= wx2.html
Custom file name 3= wx3.html
Custom file name 5= wxtrends.php
Will ftp custom file
wind units = mph
baro metric= N
rain metric= N
Will run cron files
will update custom log
Custom log out = customlogout.txt
temp offset raw = 6<
temp offset =6.0
wmr300 channel =1
Modified rain gauge= <
WOW id=<-
WOW pass=<-
windfinder id=<-
windfinder pass=<-
utc hour=5
local hour=0
Weather Display vers WD_console_12.4
If use this program,then please consider sending a PayPal donation to [email protected] (Brian Hamilton)
to help with costs, and support, thanks!
www.weather-display.com
Irox opened OK
irox write 5
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read 34
Raw irox baro 1012.7 4B 3F
irox Data OK
Current data : Temperature= 38.5 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =292 Humidity=68 Barometer=29.9 Daily Rain=0.0
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox write 5
irox read 34
irox Data OK
Current data : Temperature= 38.5 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =292 Humidity=68 Barometer=29.9 Daily Rain=0.0
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox write 5
irox read 34
irox Data OK
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
irox read -1
^C

And so on. It updates WU just fine - without temp or hum offset if I have those in - and when my crappy free webhosting service is accepting files, does that just fine, too. (Can send printout of that if you want me to capture it.)

New executable modified date is Wed 13 Jul 2016 05:45:30 PM CDT
that is the problem for some reason you do not have the new update where are you downloading from?

Instead of asking "where should I go to get that update, I just popped over to the initial download page at http://www.weather-display.com/fileslinux.php, assuming that version would be the updated one. My bad!

Where, please, should I get the update you mention? :wink:

…and for the latest 32 bit Linux GUI version, if that is any different. (You’d think I’d have noticed the date when i copied it… :wink: )

Okay, got it, and it is WORKING, Brian. Thank you! Guess we can wrap this one up and close topic. (I guess I either got there before the server updated the download page, or I was looking at a cached version of the page? Either way, I have it now, and it is working. Thank you for all your kind help. :wink: )