My wife Cindy has Stage 4 Cancer

Hi WX friends, my wife Cindy has stage 4 colon cancer. We don’t yet know the ‘why’ or ‘were this is going’, but we have faith in God and our hope is in Him and what he is able restore (be it now or in eternity).

A couple years ago she had to have her colon resectioned because of colon cancer. This time it’s back and in the liver and a lymph node. She is feeling ok now. She starts chemo on Tuesday. She is 50. We live in a small town in WA. Insurance won’t pay for out of state providers, even thought there is one 16 miles away in OR, so we have to drive 185 miles each way to Swedish Cancer Institute in Issaquah, WA. We have already been there 5 times in the last month for the diagnostics. We will have to go there every 3 weeks for the next 6 month’s. Possibly some more testing and surgery too. We will have insurance coverage for the treatments, we are happy about that.

I love my wife so much. We have been married 30 years and have two grown daughters. We have lots of friends and family praying for us.

Cindy started Chemo Tuesday at Swedish Issaquah, WA. Our daughter Jennifer made a go fund me for Cindy to help with our travel expenses and time away from work. https://www.gofundme.com/cindy039s-cancer-treatment-travel

sorry to hear that
I lost my father over 10 year ago to bowel cancer

Mike,

I am so sorry to hear about your wife’s cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and wish you well. I hope the chemo treaments work for Cindy.
Blessings to you both! Sending you a little help… :lilangel:

Sorry to hear this Mike. Hopefully all goes well with the treatment. Sent a donation. Im just 15 minutes east of Issaquah, if there’s anything i can do, let me know.

Mike and Cindy,
So sorry to hear this, Prayers and Thought’s with you, sent a little help on gofund.
Kind Regards,
Tony

thank you everybody
I will let you know how it goes

get her to eat foods high in vitamin C as much as possible (and take vitamin C tablets)
Vitamin D might help as well
to boost her immune system as much as possible

Sorry to hear Mike.

We all need to pray for Gods healing hands.

Faith, hope and strength for you and your family.

Nicely said

Today is week seven of Cindy’s chemotherapy. This is the 8th time we drove the 185 miles to get here. Cindy is getting her third major infusion at Swedish in Issaquah. So far the chemo appears to be working. The blood labs from the second infusion shows a lowering of the CEA cancer tumor markers. Soon we will confirm from today’s labs if it is really a downward trend.

Thanks again to the doctors, nurses and staff at Swedish Cancer Institute. The level of care is exceptionally high here.

Thanks to the volunteers at Swedish who donate their time like Claudia who is available to take a food order, a warm blanket, or get you some tea. And to the music and pet therapy volunteers who will play a guitar and sing for you or let you pet a dog while you receive your infusion.

Thanks for the loving support of all our family and friends. Thanks Tracy L Challis for the overnight stops at your house.

As Christians, a Cancer diagnosis

Good to hear things are looking up
Cancer treatments have come a long way

Don’t I know it! Have had active prostate cancer for 21 years, now! All kinds of treatment over time, currently on hefty hormone regime. Maybe that’s why I’m bonkers!

Anyway, all the best for Cindy’s progress.

Im sorry to hear this . I do pray for Cindy
Rick