"RSS" Feed to an "LED" Sign ???

Hello Brian,

I’m considering acquiring a Vantage “LED” sign that accepts “RSS” feeds. Can a program be written so that WD can transmit “RSS” feeds to the sign so that I can publish WD’s weather data on the sign?

Cheers, :smiley:

need to know more information
how does it get that RSS feed?

What technical question should I ask the sign manufacturer regarding

how does it get that RSS feed?

The sign is connected to the internet by Ethernet WIFI through my broadband router connection. What other information do you require?

Thanks.

My two cents: Looking at the Vantage site info http://vantageled.com/sminfinity/ it appears that the sign gets the (any) RSS feed via their cloud software. Breezy would need to put an RSS feed on his website and point the vantage cloud software to the url. An RSS feed is simply an xml page which WD could generate as a custom webpage using existing functionality see https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_rss.asp

yup, that is what I was thinking would be a way to do it

Is there any WD program editing/scripting necessary? I better look at the link that Niko attached. How would WD generate the xml page? Thanks Niko and Brian I’ll review the link and try to educate myself. :roll:

The sign is capable of using their cloud software to pull in RSS feeds such as “IPAWS” (Amber Alerts, Senior Alerts, Civil Defense Alerts, etc.) and NWS Alerts. The county where I reside is already connected to the IPAWS system and generates alerts by zip codes. I want to be able to publish select WD data onto the sign (temps., wind speeds, etc…

Thank you for responding!

So do I understand correctly that I would create an “xml” file with text and WD “testtags” and upload it to my webpage server? Then the sign’s software would search for the XML script on my server and publish it to the sign?

What do I need to do in WD? Create and upload a “custom” file?

Are there any examples of a WD xml file that I can review?

Thank you.

P.S. Niko, great article. Thanks for the link.! I’ll write some “xml” files and upload using WD for practice before I get the vantage led sign.