Data output issue using Raspberrypi v3 B+ and ConsoleWD issue 17.3

oh
I just realised I was setting the time out wrong in the code
and so that is why it made no difference

use a new update, vers 17.4
from the download page, for raspberry pi 3
and then set the Davis timout as 1 to start off with and then go up from there (milliseconds)

if you need the raspberry pi2 version, let me know

Hi again
updated as you can see via the attached. With a delay of 1 the output looked the same as before, for delays of 10 and 20 you will be able to see what I received.

Feedback.docx (19.6 KB)

the higher value (ie 20) made things worse
so it looks like the data read time out is not helping
so I need to look at managing a data split next instead

try another download update
no gaurantee will work, as I can duplicate the issue you are having here

I managed to duplicate the problem and resolve it
with vers 17.4 (pi 3)
download that new update

Hi
sorry, I have not got back but been away I will rerun with updated version over the weekend and get back to you.

Best Regards

it should be better I think you will find (make sure revb is set (I assume its a revb data logger?))

Hi
It’s looking good; my only observations at the moment are that the first record that was logged in Att 1 52018lg file seems to be corrupted and due to anomalies regarding the way the *Received count is displayed i.e. at 17:05:22 and 17:05:23 v two counts loggings at 17:06:08 and 17:06:10, I have provided attachment 2 Test Data, so I can confirm with you that the data format is as you would have expected.

Could you help with the following questions please.

Using this data and a Raspberry Pi version 3 have you produced a graphical interface so it can be displayed in a more friendly way?

The time stamp is incorrect both hours

Attachments.zip (28.2 KB)

re the graphical interface
yes
double click on the wdpi program
and make sure consolewd is set to create the clientraw.txt file

Hi
Thank you for the heads-up . FYI, I have run wdpi successfully.

I have also ascertained that if I connect the Pi to the internet the date stamp now reports GMT, not BST. So my question now is how do you adjust within your programme for the 1-hour difference.

Regards

you can set a time zone offset
in the config.txt

Hi
If you are referring to the “Timezone =” parameter in the config file I have already used Timezone =+1 and this did not increment the time by 1 hour.

Regards

Hi
Try on the raspberrypi open the terminal and Set time to London. Type

don’t use +1
just use

Hi,
I will try that next time, however, your idea about setting up the Pi fixed the problem.

Regarding using the

so you are not seeing any graph data?
is consolewd updating the logfiles OK?

I suspect that if you close wdpi and then re open it, the graph data is updated?

Hi Steve
I tried your suggestion but it did not work.

Run the main program, started dpi at 17:41 26/06/18 run it until 18:15 still with the main programming running closed wdpi and then restarted it, however still no chats displayed.
Have attached screen dump and the log file.

Regards

Test Data.zip (194 KB)

i have tested here and it works as I have described OK
that screen shot is very small image…hard to make out anything

Screen Dump V2