Integrating Customtext files in console version of Weather Display?

Hi,

Before i switched to my present raspberry pi configuration, i’d ran Weather Display on a laptop with a Windows OS.
There i also used a template from a local weather network “Neuwetter” which sent my weather data to the network every five minutes.
The template is a “customtext” file which could be easily integrated into the Desktop version of Weather Display. The file is then being
renamed “customtextout” and will be automatically updated by the chosen interval (in my case five minutes).

Now using the console version i’m really stuck in the process of integrating the template file into Weather Display.
Is this possible at all and if so how?

Thanks and best regards

Georg

try
in the config.txt file
create custom file=Y
use this filename instead of wx.html=customtextout.txt

and set wxlocal.htm as the contents in customtext.txt

Thanks a lot Brian, that works.

However there still seems to be a problem with the present console tags, some don’t work with the template, e.g. i would need to have temperatures without the "

what custom tag is causing the problem?

Hi Brian,

The problematic tags in the template are “%tempinmetric%” for current temperature, %maxtempmetric% for daily maximum temperature, %mintempmetric% for daily minimum temperature, “%avspeedinkmh%” for average windspeed in km/h, “%gustspeedinkmh%” for current gust speed in km/h and “%dayrn%” for the rainfall for today. The only tags currently working are humidity %hum% and barometer %baro%.
Since the weather network using the template is a local amateur weather network in Northern Germany no non-metric values are needed here anyway, only the bare numbers. :wink:

The template was actually written for the Desktop version of Weather Display and it works with that using those tags (i’ve used that for years without problems) but it does not fully work with the console version of Weather Display.

those tags are not supported
but I could add support

Does it have the “no units in tags” option? That would do the job too.

yeah
%temp%
will do
just make sure to not have set to add units
include units tags=N
same for %maxtemp%, %mintemp%

also use
%avgspd%,%gstspd%
and make sure you have the needed units

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.

The data is now shown when i set the template file to include units tags=N
Now only one tag is still missing: “%totalrainlast24hours%”. I couldn’t find a tag for the last 24hours of rainfall in the taglist, so can you add support for such a tag?

Best regards

Georg

yup, I will do that and let you know

try a new update re that custom tag