Forecast Help Needed

On Apr 7, my forecast updates stopped working…I know this has been a subject but I was hoping maybe a simple “do this” and all would be well reply might be possible? I have all the latest updates, I’m using advforecast ver. 5.05, I switched back to 4.02 but no success… 5.05 gives me an old dated forecast, 4.02 gives me no forecast at all.

Tnx for any help/suggestions…

http://www.bwsrh.com/

OK I switched from 5.05 to ver 4.03 of advforecast2 and all seems to be working…

Steve

advforecast2.php V4.02 and below no longer work as the NWS switched to HTTPS access to weather.gov, and the old script couldn’t use HTTPS.

advforecast2.php V4.03 replaced the fetchUrlWithoutHanging() routine with curl and so works. V5.05 (JSON) uses the still ‘experimental’ api.weather.gov forecasts, and they are problematic from time to time. The NWS has said that later this year, they’ll switch the weather.gov site to use the api-driven one, then the V4.03 script will fail to work and V5.05+ will be required.

Thanks Ken…always appreciate the help!

Steve

I am having a similar issue with my local NWS forecasts, I use 2 different NWS offices to get my data. On or about the 5th of May the southern forecast reporting office stared to have a 404 page not found errors for the forecast data, where as the northern office continues to work fine. I have been tweaking the settings in my advforecast2.php file trying to get my southern forecasts back. I had it working for about 45 minutes today by changing the lat and lon entries to match the ones reported by the weather.gov website. My original numbers, that had been working fine, were off by a few decimal points. I reset my numbers back to their original values after they stopped working again. Now I am back to missing all my southern forecasts but still have my northern ones.
I am using version 5.04 of the advforecast2 file.
I am at a loss as far as knowing what to do next.

The current JSON version is V5.07 - 2018-04-14 of advforecast2.php … I’d try updating to that version first.

On the api version of the forecast at https://forecast-v3.weather.gov/point/44.2577,-70.2614 it shows the Zone forecast is substituted as the point forecast is not available. The 5.07 version of the script handles this situation better than the 5.04 version (I think).
Give the updated version a try.