Weather Display Using Online Info

Can i have my own weather display for my area using online data from a source, i do not have a weather station as of this time…also does anyone set up this for a fee?

Hi, WD can be used in “stationless mode” and weather data retrieved and logged from a downloaded METAR from your nearest airport which is easy to set up in WD.

can anyone help with setup as i am new to this

First tell us your location so we can see if there is a nearby METAR that will work for you.

i live east of san angelo texas about 55 miles and i believe that may be the closest place for a metar. looks like i possibly need the location for the clientraw.txt file at this time… i am only trying at this point to get this working on my home pc and if that will work then my intention is to go ahead and pay for the software… at that time i would want it to work on my iphone. i cant find any weather software or app that provides what i woulld like to view anymore than weather display but would like it for my area if that is possible

does all the data recieved come with a price

no price in getting metar data, per update, if that is what you mean
its bit vague though your question

METAR data is free to use. Many users of WD download METAR data for varying reasons as well as having their own data from a station.
Note though that METAR data is usually only updated hourly, some more frequently though.
KSJT (San Angelo) could the METAR you can use, and updates at 51 minutes past each hour, but there is also KCOM (Coleman) which may be closer to you and seems to update every 20 minutes.

Coleman would definately be better and closer…now how do i recieve the data if you would please help me

can anyone tell me how to config so i can recieve data from coleman texas metar

Assuming you have already set WD to be in stationless mode (control panel → station type and settings ->stationless/WLK/Vortex tab and select the stationless option then click close/save.)
You need to go to control panel → FTP&Connections/METAR/NOAA, and select the METAR download tab and set times to download the METAR (say every 10 or 15 minutes for Coleman as it updates every 20.
Then enter KCOM.TXT into the “use this metar station ID” box and click the > button to add it.
Tick the “use this metar for local/sky icon conditions” box (you might have to enter KCOM.TXT into that box too)
Tick the “use this metar to update weather display’s data” box.
Also you may need to tick the “use speed/dir from the metar” box.
Click the red switch to turn it green. Also go to the connections tab and turn the “main internet switch” to ON.
Click OK and wait a while to see if WD shows any data coming in.

I think this will do it and not missed anything so see how it goes.
You probably won’t get any rain data as METARs don’t include it.

thank you very much, that was easy enough.

who supplies rain data?