WDMYSQL

where and how are you telling it do that?

When I open the MSSQL window, there is a Insert data now button. It also throws that error every minute when it tries to update the data on its own. It was working for about 3 weeks then all of a sudden it started throwing that error. I have started over with a new database. Same result.

Also, the only way I can add any data is if I click on the plus sign to insert a line, then it will add data but the next auto write it throws the same dataset not in edit mode. so if I want to get my data into a sql database, I have to click the + button then let it insert data but I have to click the + again over and over again???

WD should be auto adding the data
no need to manually have to add it

That’s my point. I know it should be auto updating. It’s not because it keeps throwing the error about not being in insert mode.

Try clicking disconnect then click connect then load data

have you tried restarting the wdmysql program?

I’ve done all of that. I even created a new database, connected to that and the same result. The only way it will add data to the database is if I first insert a line, then either click the add button or wait for it to do the auto write. I have it set for every minute.

post a screen shot of the wdmysql program runnining

It’s not MySQL I am talking about but MSSQL. MySQL will work but I do not want to use that. I have SQL Server 2008 running on my server. SQL Server was working but stopped because It kept giving a dataset not in edit mode or insert mode.

that makes more sense
so you are having a problem with the wdmssql program and not with the wdmysql program?

That would be correct.

try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdmssql.zip

Downloaded it, extracted it, ran it, but nothing happens. No install or anything??

How do you mean by no install or anything exactly?

Never mind. It runs but I get the same results. Dataset not in edit or insert mode. Also, now getting “Error inserting Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.”

After more playing around. I deleted the table and created a new table with the file you had me download and it now looks like it is working except for the “Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.
Error inserting Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.” errors.

Apologies to hijack the thread, but i have the same issue. The table initially created had been updating fine and dandy since set up when the WDMYSQL functionality was first released. However, it stopped updating in February, with that message Dataset not in edit or insert mode. I installed the zip update to wdmssql, but still get the same issue. I deleted the table and recreated it, but still get the message.

regards

TrevP

wd mssql.PNG

Now, after running for awhile, I restarted the compute due to some updates being installed, started weather display, mssql, and am now getting the same data not in insert mode? What is wrong with this thing?

Yep same with me. I never have got it back working. Deleting the original table and recreating it still results in the same error

TrevP