Problem uploading NOAA 5-day forecast

Hi,
I’m having an issue with 5-day forecast text. I can successfully download 5-day forecasts but my custom web pages aren’t updating with this data. I have discovered that a file called nwsforecast.html is in my wdisplay/webfiles directory, and if I modify that file, those changes get reflected in my %5dayforecastday1% (etc) tags.*
But I’m unable to get WD to update the nwsforecast.html file on its own with with fresh data, unable to find how WD is supposed to update nwsforecast.html, and unable to find how else I can get 5-day forecast text from the downloads directory to the files that are getting uploaded to my website. Any help?
Thanks,
Rick

• https://scootercam.net/wx/wx.php
    Towards the bottom of the page is a Forecast block; it’s displaying my edited text “MOSTLY CLEAR, WITH A LOW AROUND 2643.”

post a screen shot of how you have setup up the noaa forecast in WD
I suspect you have missed something (e.g set to use a file for the 5 day forecast)

Here you go, I appreciate any advice.
I can see that the 5-day forecasts are indeed getting saved to my c:\wdisplay\downloads directory, but as I said, it appears the %5dayforecastday1% tag is pulling from a file called c:\wdisplay\webfiles\nwsforecast.html which had a file date on it from January, when I was initially setting this up. I edited nwsforecast.html and the edits came through on my Forecast section https://scootercam.net/wx/wx.php (…MOSTLY CLEAR, WITH A LOW AROUND 2643…)

if you click on view, under where where you select the file to use for the 5 day forecast, does that show up OK?
and is that up to date?

I do see that you have ticked to use the point forecast

also does the file nwsforecast.html have the %5dayforecastday1%
or I suspect you have a template version of that file with the custom tags like %5dayforecastday1% in it
and then you need to have WD process that file , e.g using the special file conversion

It does produce an image,and the text in the image seems to be coming from nwsforecast.ntml (…MOSTLY CLEAR, WITH A LOW AROUND 2643…)
The tag is not in nwsforecast.html, but the result of that tag (…MOSTLY CLEAR, WITH A LOW AROUND 2643…) is there.
[removed unnecessary stuff]

wd3.png

you will have a template file
which has that custom tag in it
that WD then converts to nwsforecast.ntml
and replaces the custom tags with data

where might the template file be? c:\wdisplay\webfiles directory?

yes

OK, I found the template file. I had tried to setup the Carter Lake-style template but later went with my own; how can I get the %5dayforecastday1% tag to work correctly on my wx2.php page? thank you once again, I really appreciate your help today.

The maddening thing is that I have a ton of tags on that page, and they all work fine- but those in this section are pulling bad data:

Forecast

%5dayforecastday1%
%5dayforecastday2%
%5dayforecastday3%

make sure to also have the 5 day forecast created in WD at set intervals (see in the customise internet and file creation setup)
so that the needed custom tag is processed

I’m very confused. The setup screenshot in reply #2 is for a Michigan location, but the forecast shown in reply #4 is for somewhere in Kansas :?

That’s correct, my site is in Michigan but the data being read into the %5dayforecastday1% tag is from Kansas. I changed the “high today” value in the nwsforecast.html file, and that’s what comes up on for the tag.

try unticking to use the point forecast?

That took care of it - unticked, all updating perfectly. Thank you.