cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Arduino as a source for Extra Temp sensors etc  (Read 5851 times)

Offline roboz6

• Davis Vantage Pro2
  • Albany Creek, Brisbane, Qld, Australia.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181
Re: Arduino as a source for Extra Temp sensors etc
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2018, 05:47:05 AM »
Ok have installed the new zip and see the Arduino as Extra Sensors now shows two "Connect" boxes. How is this to work in the event of a stoppage?
Rob

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181
    • Weather Display
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »
the bottom one should say disconnect  #-o

Offline roboz6

• Davis Vantage Pro2
  • OS/Browser:
  • Android 6.0.1
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.144
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2018, 09:26:24 PM »
I thought that might have been the case.
Rob

Offline roboz6

• Davis Vantage Pro2
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2018, 03:00:58 AM »
Brian,

As well as the latest software tweaks from your end, I investigated the possibility that the Arduino may have been sensitive to 'reflections' or 'echoes' on the bus line on which I have my sensors (at this stage just DS18B20 temperature sensors - others types to come later). To this end I bridged the bus, at its furthermost point from the Arduino, between the positive line feed (5V) and the data line with an appropriate value resistor. [The 1-wire sensors are being run in powered mode - not parasitic mode.]

I am pleased to report that I have had no drop outs since. Running problem free, at this point, for nearly 60 hours  straight.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:03:15 AM by roboz6 »
Rob

Offline bhassell

• KA5ZCI
  • Laplace, Louisiana
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
    • River Forest "Swamp Cast" Weather
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2019, 06:52:33 AM »
Brian,

As well as the latest software tweaks from your end, I investigated the possibility that the Arduino may have been sensitive to 'reflections' or 'echoes' on the bus line on which I have my sensors (at this stage just DS18B20 temperature sensors - others types to come later). To this end I bridged the bus, at its furthermost point from the Arduino, between the positive line feed (5V) and the data line with an appropriate value resistor. [The 1-wire sensors are being run in powered mode - not parasitic mode.]

I am pleased to report that I have had no drop outs since. Running problem free, at this point, for nearly 60 hours  straight.

I followed this thread with great interest as I also use several 1Wire sensors on my station.  Would you mind sharing your Arduino code that you had success with?  I have some experience with both the Arduino and 1wire temp sensors and have code already running but would be helpful and much more expedient to see what your code looks like.

Of course I understand if you do not want to share it...I will follow your excellent notes and try earn it as you did.  Great  notes!
Bob

cumulus