Add Rainwise System 12

Weather Display will read data but it is incorrect. Indoor Temp reads as Outdoor Temp.

I downloaded history from WLcom that is provided with the Rainwise hardware and Weather Display and have attached them. They appear the same but when I open Weather Display I see the Indoor Temp is what the exports show as outdoor temp. Other than that it all looks to be correct.

WLcom Data.txt (2.47 KB)

Weather Display History.txt (18.5 KB)

what is the exact weather station model/type and how have you set that up in WD?

It is a rainwise System-12 Data Logger with sensors.
https://www.rainwise.com/products/detail.php?ID=6736&Category=Data_Loggers_and_Systems&pageNum_cart=/products/index.php

WLcom Software reads it fine but WD does not. I have it setup as a rainwise. I have attached the list of sensors from the origional invoice. It uses RS-232

WLcom.JPG

so if I added option for this data logger type, and when that is selected, WD swaps the indoor and outdoor temp (and humidity?), it will be OK?

I believe everything will be ok after that. I don’t have an indoor temp sensor. I have no idea where that number is coming from. In the example I sent today I don’t know where 56 F comes from. The building is not that cold and outdoors it is colder.

it will just be a default value
I will add this option and let you know

another Q
do you have ticked to use CRC ?
and do you have ticked to use CC-3000 data logger type?

also if you could get WD to show the raw data it sees:
in WD go to setup , advanced/misc
and tick log the raw data
and then under view , debug info, post here one of the data lines that comes through
(not sure if that is what you had already done or not)
and then also post a screen shot of how you have it set up in the weather station type in WD
so then then I can make sure I can get things right with a new data logger option

With CRC and CC-3300 checked it did not work at all.

----------Debug Info------------

“03/23/18”,“15:39”, 44.7, 35, 18.7, 29.53,010, 7.3, 13.55,1,!021

length 51 032318,15:39,44.7,35,18.7,29.53,010,7.3,13.55,1,021
formating rainwise
032318,15:39,44.7,35,18.7,29.53,010,7.3,13.55,1,021
1 032318
2 15:39
3 44.7
4 35
5 18.7
6 29.53
7 010
8 7.3
9 13.55
10 1
11 021

WL Sample.JPG

I did not mean for you to change to those settings
I was just interested in what you did have set
(which is why I was looking for a screen shot of the weather station type setup in WD)

I had tried those when I was testing and trying to get it to work before I posted something here. Sorry I forgot to post that screen shot. Here it is.

OK, so, with none of those settings ticked
what now shows under view, debug info :slight_smile:

try a new .zip update
I have added option to use system 12

Temp field is Humidity
Humidity field is Temp

In setup I choose none selected and the new system 12

OK, so If I reverse those it will be all good?

try a new .zip again

Almost there

Humidity is not correct. The two screen shots were taken within less than a minute of each other. I had to shut down one program to get into the other to access the Com Port.

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your quick response. This is the best software I have found. There are some similar out there but they just don’t work because the developers have not kept up with the Operating Systems or the software itself. Thank You!

WL 3-24.JPG

ah
use another new .zip update
and the humidity should work now :slight_smile:

Everything looks like it is correct now.