Rain gauge readings

Chaps,
I had something mad going on with the rain gauge on my Vantage Vue yesterday.
To cut a long story short, WD and WDL both show almost 4" of rain whereas, in fact, we only had a bit of snow.
Problem is, of course, that the anomalous reading has made a ■■■■■■ of all my totals and records in WD and WDL.
Where, and how, do I fix the problem in WD and WDL?
I’ve not done much messing with this stuff before so any help would be appreciated.
TIA.
OB

Was the weather very windy by any chance yesterday?
I would check if your debris screen is still in place.
I have had this twice now and the wind will have effect on your rain collector, it will push it down just like it is raining.
That will explain the amount of 4 although you got almost nothing, like you said.

If you select 'View’ from the Menu, then click on ‘Rain Chart’, you can correct the day(s) you need to from the last seven days. You can correct the other totals by clicking on ‘Set Start Up Rain Totals’. Hopefully all should be self explanatory within those two screens

regards

TrevP

I think you should correct these also.

Console - Rain values

Got to page 28 of your Vantage Vue Console Manual.
Setting Weather Variables

Hi,
Yup, it was blowing a bloody hooligan.
The debris screen was in place last time I checked but it has been a few months since I’ve been up the pole.
I’ll order a spare, just in case, and get up there soonest to check.
Thanks for your help.
OB

Great stuff, Trev, your advice has helped me solve most of the problems.
The ‘Records’ section of WDL is still a mess, though, with all rain-related records for this month, this year and all time still referencing the anomalous reading.
Will these records correct themselves, as WDL updates, or is there something else I need to mess with?
Many thanks for your help.
OB

In my case when I put the new one in place, I noticed it didn’t really sit tight.
Since this happened twice now, I just put a tiny little bit of silicone (glue) to it.

Sounds like a good plan, pal, so that’s what I’ll do.
Thanks for the tip. 8)

Sorted now.
I gave up super-technical fixes in case I made things worse.
In the end I searched for, and found, another weather station pretty local to me.
Unashamedly nicked the rain records and manually added them to my WD software.
Maybe not the perfect answer but it’s way, way better than what I had.
I’ve now set a routine of taking weekly screen shots of the three record screens in WDL.
So, case closed and my thanks to the chaps who offered advice.
OB