Purpleair tags

Hi, could you evaluate the decimals removing from purpleair tags? Pm10 etc
I will appreciate
thanks
giordolo

can you give me your details/example/, etc
its very vague

Yes of course, I’m sorry
for example using the tag %purpleair10_0% I receive 14,2. It could be enough 84, without the comma value

do others want a decimal place or not?

Purpleair sends decimals? They must be doing some averaging(?) since the sensors they use only output integer values :?

Personally I wouldn’t worry about decimals due the limited accuracy of the source data. OTOH it’s easy to round any tag value when displaying it on a website.

OK
the latest .zip update does not now have decimal
(i have left the aqi with decimal and the average)

I had an issue after updating WD with the latest update zip update 10.37S Build 69 Version on 21 March 2018 - 04:52:20. My Purple Air readings in WD flat lined at its last reading and wouldn’t update. I had to restore a previous version of WD to get it to update again.

I use tag %purpleair2_5% and didn’t mind the decimal. My PA monitor does output decimal readings to two places. See attached.

Unfortunately, Niko, you are wrong on that ‘assumption’ - the PurpleAir sensor does produce and send decimal values, as shown in the included screenshot:

I don’t think that post was incorrect, but I’m open to correction.

I expressed surprise that the purpleair would output decimal values, I didn’t state that it did not do so.

I suggested that if it did output decimal values then it must be averaging since the sensors used in the purpleair do not output decimal values. The purpleair uses the PMS5003 sensor, the datasheet is here. I am using a PMS5003. If there is any provision for decimal values in the data protocol then I have missed it :dontknow:

@davest123
the change I made to the custom tags should not have made any difference to getting the actual data

so I should put the decimal place back?

I vote for yes, please.

-Dave

Yes, please, put back (or leave) the decimals in the files produced by WD.

If someone is not happy with decimals, they can easily filtered out with PHP of JavaScript…

they are back