PWSWeather.com Issue

Hello,

Does anyone know why Weather Display isn’t reporting the “Percip” on PWSWeather.com? I’ve had rain lately and it should be reporting the info. I also used Cumulus prior to weather display and it reported correctly without any issues. I believe I have everything set up right. This is causing an issue with my Rachio sprinkler system which is linked to pwsweather and it shuts off when there is data under the “Percip” field. I’ve attached some screen shots to assist.

Thank you.

pwsweather_issue.JPG

oh and here is a link to my psweather: https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/TENSI0N.html

I see there is the daily precip value
is that working ok?
they must have another data field for the other data column?

The daily percip does appear to be working. I noticed that the “percip” data is needed for the graph to work as well. It seems like the daily percip is the total while the “percip” shows the reported percipiation at that time.

what weather station type do you have?
also how often are you sending data?

I suspect the problem is with the data send frequency
and I can fix that
how often do you have it set to send data?

I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus. I am using the Ethernet data logger to connect to the console. I have the PWSweather.com setting set to upload every 5 minutes. Thanks for you help!

I see what the problem was
I needed to fix the rainin data to rain last hour , no matter what your update rate
have done that, latest .zip update of WD

Wow! What great tech support and service! Thank you very much.

I have one more issue regarding trying to get my webcam to work with WD. I have a TRENDnet TV-IP310PI POE IP CAM and I can’t figure out how get WD to see the cam. I put in the correct IP, username, and password and it gives me a connection error. Maybe I am not putting in the correct link? Anyways, let me know if I should just make a new thread reference this. Thank you.

So I updated WD to Ver 10.37S69. We had some rain last night and I noticed that it still did not report the “Percip” to PWSweather.

Did you use the .zip download?

Yes. I unzipped it to a folder then copied everything over and replaced the files that it asked about.

can you check the weatherdisplay.exe file name modified date/time ?

It states it was created on March 15th, 2018, modified on March 14th, 2018. For product and file version it says 1.40.0.0

you can check the actual data sent
in the
sentpwsdata.txt

i.e the rainin=
data
and see what is being sent for that data
(it should be rain in the last hour)

I checked the file and it appears to be sending the correct data. It is raining as I type so it has hourly rain and it matches what WD is showing on my server. I attached my sentpwsdata.txt for you to look at. It’s edited to not show my user and password.

sentpwsdata_edited.txt (773 Bytes)

Checking in to see if this problem was resolved, or if it’s a PWS weather problem, or if it’s ok and my expectations are wrong. Just left WU and setup PWS about two week ago, and have the same issue listed in the post. Everything reported fine at WU, but has not worked since moving to PWSWeather. The chart shows no precipitation & precip column is empty. Also the column precip rate does not appear to be correct, or what I would be expecting. I started this around 18:00, and its now 18:45 and the rate still shows .08, however the rain was over by 18:10…so no rain in the last 30 minutes or so, but reporting a rate of 0.08.

WD is version 10.37S72 05/7/2018 06:58
PWS: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Attached is:
—sentpwsdata.txt with credentials removed. Edited in hex so all control characters appear as in the original file.
—pwsweather.jpg image from station page http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/MineralPt.html
If it’s of help I can setup a process to capture each sendpwsdata.txt file when the next rains come my way.

sentpwsdata.txt (764 Bytes)

I have seen some reports of there was a problem with pwsweather.com