DST

Don’t forget

#-o

You Canucks seem to be ahead of us. Ours is the last Sunday of March.

Same here much to my wife’s disgust last Sunday in March in fact most of Europe change at the same time. She believes we should not bother changing at all but stay on BST all year long, or if we have to then we should change at the beginning of March when day length is roughly the same as end of October when we change back. I’m inlcined to agree with her - I really dont see the point in changing.

Stuart

Yeah, I’ll take DST all year long :slight_smile: I don’t see the point of continuing with a system based on how we lived 100 years ago :roll:

When I taught, I would be up early and gone before sunrise. there is this hill and as you approach the top the sun would be in my eyes and it was terrible. So when the days became longer when I would leave I would get over the hill and no sun as it was higher in the sky. So when DST rolled in here comes the sun in my eyes or I would have to arrive about 30 minutes before sunrise to avoid it. Being retired, I don’t worry about that.

I saw this Meme

Ha, good one :lol:

You should always live East of your work. That way you never have to drive into the sun

Aardavark-I spent 5 years driving from Story City to Union for work. Drive into the sun in the morning-drive into the sun on the way home. Was not smart on my part.

It is 6:15 and I am grilling. Otherwise it would be almost dark

Grilling, yes… however I am in my jammies all day, listening to my wife, on her break, complaining about her classes, grading compositions.

When we go on road trips, it always happens the last 100 miles home are into the sunset. I have visor extenders but still … we just have to find the right diner on the way to wait until the sun goes down. OH well.

Fully agree. There is no point in changing and, as such, ~95% of AZ does NOT change. The smart folks!