Davis VP2 temp/humidity flatlined

I have seen an earlier post about this problem and have the same result as Martyn Hicks where the console reading shows the temp as -68 and the humidity just shows ---- WD shows temp of 16.3 and 99% humidity, which would be about right as we are in heavy mist again.
I am presuming the high winds and rain have perhaps caused this problem but is there anything I could be looking for before getting a new sensor. Station is accessible, only it is wet out there at the moment!! How easy is it to access the sensor?
Did McMurdo ask for the old sensor back first or did they send a new one out first?

Rosalind

Hello Rosalind, yes it looks like your temp/hum sensor has failed, maybe due to moisture ingress - it may come back to life when dried out as mine did but failed again shortly after so I would think you will need a new sensor. WD will keep showing the last good value from the sensor if it has failed.
I don’t know how long you have had your station, but mine first failed within warranty, and McMurdo did indeed replace the sensor but I had to send the failed one away first and it took 12 days to get the new sensor.
The second time my temp/hum sensor failed about 5 years later I just bought a new one from https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ so only had an outage of a couple of days.
I don’t know what model VP2 you have. I have the 24 hour FARS and have not found it difficult to detach from underneath the station base (3 very long threaded bolts), and take out the fan and slide out the sensor from the chamber.
I have had — displayed briefly for humidity a couple of times recently so maybe soon I will need yet another new sensor.
Regards
Martyn

Thanks Martyn, I also have the 24 hour FARS. Bought from the Weather Shop in 2009. They have the sensor for order at

Good luck with getting the replacement. The sensor and board seems a lot cheaper now than what I paid 4 years ago (twice as much!)
9 years is good for the sensor. Perhaps as you don’t get the lower temperature extremes there it will last longer?