Weatherflow station performance

It’s been discussed under Chatter but here I’d like to ask the users of Sky & Air about experience over longer term. I’m particularly interested in Wind readout performance. The region I’d install this station gets very short gusts of up to 100 mph. Classic cups cannot follow so I was thinking about the Sky which has a ultrasonic measurement principle.
Is it possible to buy the WF station normally now?

I have one here as a field tester
and will be getting the production unit to test soon too
I have recorded 63mph winds with it (it performed great)

If you compare it with Davis, what can you say?

it uses the same temperature/humidity sensor that davis uses
but you do need to put the temp/hum sensor into a instrument shelter of some sort

I just stumbled onto the Weather Flow Website and was impressed by their “AIR” and “SKY” Weather Stations.
I am also glad that Brian is one of the field testers. I hope he will keep us in the loop as to the accuracy of the products.

My current weather station is a well known brand , but has been rittled with problems and has finally died altogether , so I am in the market to purchase another brand quite soon.
If there are any Weather Flow users in the forum, please let us know how the Stations are performing.

Many thanks,
DD

I have just installed an Air/Sky combination - I have used various stations in past - Davis VP1/2, Netamo, Oregon etc - I’m impressed so far with the Air and Sky. Rainfall is measured in 0.01 amounts (not sure client raw reads this resolution yet), the wind updates every few seconds and is in line with the Davis so far.

UV maybe over reporting and if a bird sits on the sensor it comes up as rain (I’m aware this is being worked on), For the price though - its impressive from initial observations.

Data at - http://www.finchamweather.co.uk/

Andy

Do you think it would be possible to install spike somehow to discourage birds? I’m waiting for delivery of my Sky unit and did raise a concern a while back about birds and was assured that had been taken care of

someone has done that, put spikes around the top (cable tie to hold them)