WXSIM forecast wrong

Hello Tom. Normally WXSIM gives very reasonable forecasts but something has gone wrong with my forecasts of late. When I looked at the WXSIM forecast this morning it said nothing about snow and temperature values were too high. All other forecasts are warning of snow showers and strong easterly winds and they warn us that this will be the coldest part of the winter come the middle of the week.
When I came and looked at the screen this morning there was a warning that the forecast would not be accurate as the GFS data had not been received. So I switched over from Bohler to McMahon but it made little difference. So I switched back again and this time there were no warnings and everything appeared to be OK apart from the forecast which was still wrong. I notice that other close stations which use WXSIM are forecasting snow and very cold weather so I am puzzled as to how mine has suddenly gone wrong. So far as I can remember it was OK yesterday so something has happened. Any ideas?
John

OK, I’ve found something else. I’ve just checked again and no GFS data is now being received from either Bohler or McMahon. So I guess that’s the cause of the problem. I’m surprised that no one else around here seems to be similarly affected.
By the way my site can be viewed at http://sidlawweather.co.uk.
John

Hi
same Problem here no downloading :x
Advection from Bohler not work:
http://gfs.wxsim.com/adv/40.89/16.85
Now Problems with the METAR Data downloading without METAR Data works the Download , with these Data Download will be cancelled

A friend suggested upgrading my WXSIM so I tried to do that. My original version of WXSIM was 1.0 and the latest version seems to be 1.5.
So I downloaded it and the first thing that happened was wxsimate seemed to download everything fine until it got to RAOB and it stuck there with a message about the DST switch being in the wrong position (which it wasn’t). This message kept coming back when I acknowledged it so I don’t know what to make of it. When I tried to run WXSIM, the first time it produced a forecast which had near gale force winds every day and still no snow. I noticed a switch whose function I did not completely understand but it seemed to suggest I should press it because I am using Windows XP. Since I did that, WXSIM 2017 refuses to work, it ignores double clicking of the desktop icon. WXSIM 2016 refuses to work as well. So my WXSIM forecasting has come to a grinding halt.

Please suggest what I have to do to get WXSIM working again.

The author Thomas Ehrensperger (also his name on this forum) does not visit the forum frequently. As this is a more urgent problem you better mail him and ask support, also tell hime that there are more problems with others,

Wim

Just a few minutes ago I had a look at my WXSIM forecast and to my astonishment, it’s all working correctly now. I don’t know if there was some intervention from elsewhere but the forecast looks fine now. So the move to a more recent version of WXSIM seems to have been beneficial.

John

Please let me know if you have more problems with these things. One thing I’ve been suspicious of lately is that one or more of the RAOB data sources may not be responding. If none of them are, WXSIMATE may get stuck trying and never produce fresh data (wdata.txt, for instance). If that keeps happening I may need to seek new data sources. meanwhile, a fix for that would be to not import RAOB (though it’s better if you can … at least for the first few hours of a forecast).

Tom

Hi Tom
it’s working over Nigth correctly all good :smiley: