Extract davis datalogger fails.(SOLVED)

Hello:

I restart my pc twice a day and when the weatherdisplay program starts to extract data from the datalogger it does not extract anything and the program does not continue and many hours pass until I realize that it does not work, a month ago this happened and I realized that the reception buffer of the port com had dropped to 75 then it went up and the problem was solved but today it does not extract data again but I noticed that in a data extraction box I chose to extract from day 24 to the 00:00 and extracted well but when I arrived at 23:23 of day 24 it stopped and I miss it is as if the datalogger had no data from 23:23. I have the datalogger to record data every 1 minute then I have deleted the data and I have memorized data every 10 minutes but I see that the weatheather display still can not extract data. The other cumulus mx and weatherdisplay programs extract data without problems. Yesterday I changed weatherdisplay 10.37S build 65 for build 66.

I have davis vantage pro2 plus serial datalogger with davis usb to serial (DB9) cable.

Thanks.

you could try a complete reset of the data logger (power down console, remove for a few minutes, replace, power up console, and set the time/date /1 minute logging again)
this has worked for others

I use virtualvp and with VWS and cumulusMX don

yes
but
believe me, doing a data logger complete reset more often than not fixes it for WD

Ok, I am thinking on the other time, when I Talked with you about the firmware 3.15 with the virtual vp, some times when change the firmware 3.15 and so 1.90 maybe It doesn

hello again:

Now it seems to work and the virtual program is quickly reconnected, the batteries and electric power removed and he also removed the datalogger and waited half an hour to connect everything again because I realized that the console did not delete the configuration data and the monthly and annual rainfall data.

Why is not all the data erased?

Thanks.