EVERYTHING gone

I shut down WD (10.37S57) last night normally. I’d changed no settings yesterday, nothing was different so far as I know. I just restarted it, there was a flash of I think the normal screen, and then the default original screen. EVERYTHING is gone. All preferences, including units, screen size, colors, all data including data logs as referenced from the WD screen, gone.

All data log files as referenced from Windows Explorer (C:wdisplay/logfiles) appear to be intact up to shutdown yesterday.

Any idea what happened, and what I do to recover? I don’t want to mess up anything further!

Thanks!

you should have a back up of the wdisplay.ini settings file
in the databackup folder
copy that to where WD installed when WD is not running

Thanks, Brian, that seems to have done it. Any idea what happened, what I did? I’ve had problems similar in some ways but never back to completely blank graphs and data with original setup units.

for some reason the settings file got corrupted
maybe a forced windows update

Ah…that reminded me. I checked and there’s no record of a Windows update yesterday, but something weird did happen yesterday afternoon, enough to make me decide to close everything up, including WD, normally and run both Avast antivirus and Ccleaner. I don’t remember if I did a restart, I don’t think I did, and WD restarted normally when I reloaded everything. If something else had updated but needed a reboot, that could have done it. I think maybe I’m getting too old for this… :?
Anyway, once again thanks for your help, and your quick responses!