Files to Folders

http://www.pennlake.us/

I have been looking but can not find a way to direct some of my uploaded files to a folder on my server, instead of having them thrown all over the place on my server?

I am only guessing that these files are created and uploaded In the Control Panel / Internet File Creation & Uploads, but I don’t see anyway to send the files to any specific place on my sever, just into the root. After, what, 13 years, that’s a lot of files just floating around.

So, can the files be sent to a specific location, if so can you direct me to the part of WD that will let me do this???

Example of files:
September2013.htm
dailynoaareport122010.htm
climatedataout12010.html
20150426.jpg

Thanks for any help or direction.

in the upload times you can set the remote directory and tick to use that
but that is an extra step in the ftp process and another point of failure
there is nothing inheritantly wrong with the all the files in one foler, the person viewing the website is not going to know any difference (and so you just make sure you html code is set to point to all the same folder), as far as I am concerned

Thanks Brian - I was looking right at the upload times and the remote directory , but I guess it didn’t sink in.

It was just that to get to the bottom list of files of my server I had to scroll through hundreds of individual files, no big deal, but always looking for the easiest way.

And if you think changing might cause another point of failure – that I don’t need – and will keep as is.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hi
for 10 years I uploaded to a folder in my root folder on my hosts web server then I could not access the folder which I was told was due to it containing too many files about 10000 I think, had to delete the folder and start again, so I now move most of the months files to a year month folder on a monthly basis

that will only occur if you have WD set to upload date stamped files like the av/ext reports or graph files (especially those are that will be a new file name every day) etc