UV custom tag

Trying to show UV from WMR200 on a custom label in my client display, and %VPuv% doesn’t work. I see this was discussed a few years ago: is there no custom tag for the WMR200? I have searched the tagslist.

UV shows correctly on the server display and in WDLive.

in what way is that custom tag not working exactly?

I have been registering UV this week (for the first time this year!) on the OS console, on the WD server display and in WDL.

The custom label on my WD client display, which uses %VPuv%, registers 0. I cannot find another tag for current UV.

it should be working OK
double check your custom tag in use etc

See below.

UV.JPG

that does not tell me much
I still need to know exactly what you mean by does not work

I thought I had: see reply #2 above.

What I didn’t mention is that the client display gets its data using clientraw.txt from the server - is that a factor?

Let me re-state the problem as I understand it:

bitsostring has a secondary install of WD running as a client getting data from the clientraw generated by his primary install of WD

On the primary WD, and in its clientraw.txt, UV index is reported correctly

On the client WD the %VPuv% tag reports 0

What I don’t see stated is whether UV is reported correctly anywhere in the client although “UV shows correctly on the server display and in WDLive” implies that it isn’t.

Thanks, niko.

There is no area for reporting UV in the client, which is why I put in a custom label.

There is a server setting to set “Show solar and UV on client” but (a) I don’t have solar and (b) if I check that box I get THSW (I think) and ET shown on the client, which are meaningless to me. I certainly don’t get UV. . .

You are using the full version of WD as a client - right?

I have tested this and the client does show UV. I don’t have UV but I edited clientraw.txt to have UV of 7.7 and put it on my webserver. I set up a WD 10.37S66 client to get the data over the internet from that clientraw. In the client I did check the box to “show solar and UV on client”.

The UV shows in a custom log file using %VPuv% - second field

08:48:00 AM 7.7 31.5 85 0.6
08:48:00 AM 7.7 31.5 85 0.6
08:48:01 AM 7.7 31.5 85 0.6
08:48:02 AM 7.7 31.5 85 0.6
08:48:03 AM 7.7 31.5 85 0.6
08:48:04 AM 7.7 31.5 85 0.6
08:48:05 AM 7.7 31.5 85 0.6
08:48:11 AM 7.7 31.5 85 0.6

and on the main screen, see attached.

bitsouv.png

I should have said there was no area for UV because I choose not to show solar, % solar (not TSHW!) and ET along with it. I have no solar sensor, they have no significance for me, so I put a custom label in their place, using %VPuv%. The question is, why does that not work? The other custom label I use, for cloud height, works fine.

I will check tomorrow to see if UV registers on the “show solar and UV” setup you describe: I haven’t registered UV for the last four months and now I’m only getting 1 around noon on a sunny day. But I still don’t want the other 3 fields!

The tag won’t work if you choose not to "“show solar and UV on client”.

I missed that this is WD in client mode
you will need that set to get the solar and UV data from the normal version

Thanks, niko.

Why? UV is in clientraw.txt, isn’t it?

Yes, it does, along with estimated solar as per the server display. Now, if only I could get rid of the meaningless solar% and ET boxes. . .

ClientSolar&UV.JPG

ServerSolar&UV.PNG

Can’t get rid of them even after unchecking “Show solar and UV on client” and restarting several times!

I thought I’d just copy over last night’s WDISPLAY.INI, and then remembered that I’d stopped logging and backup on the client :oops:

Capture.JPG

I confirm that, once activated I couldn’t get those boxes to go away.

if you do not want any solar data in the client version you would also need to turn off the switch in the solar setup
but I thought this whole thread was about wanting to get solar data into the client version
confusing

Confirmed, turning the Solar Sensor switch off does remove the boxes.

It was about getting the UV data in the client, but once that problem was solved bitsofstring didn’t like that the client won’t display UV without also displaying solar% and THSW - which he doesn’t have.