VP2 Console Battery Tag with weatherlink IP data logger

I’m using the weatherlink IP data logger on my VP2 console and I have the WD tag $vpconsolebattery in my wxstatus.php webpage. The voltage on the webpage always shows 0.0. Does anyone know if the weatherlink IP data logger records/transmits console battery voltage? Several years ago I was using the serial data logger connected to my PC and the console battery voltage was correctly reported and displayed on my webpage.

which version/build of WD?

10.37S Build 66

it should work with the IP data logger the same as the serial or usb data logger I would have thought (i.e I have the code the same to handle that data)

Yeah, I would have thought so as well. I checked the obvious: new batteries are installed in the console and when I unplugged it from the wall, the console remained operating on battery power, so the batteries are installed and working properly. My wxstatus.php file is attached (as a txt file). Maybe I have an error in the code? The webpage is at http://www.willowsfordfarmweather.org/wxstatus.php

wxstatus.txt (11.1 KB)

$vpconsolebattery is coming from testtags.txt on the PC, can we see that file?

Here’s testtags.txt from my PC.

testtags.txt (39.7 KB)

That’s OK.

Maybe it’s the console itself? It’s over 12 years old now. Is there any way to determine if the console is providing the data logger with the battery voltage information?

The VP Console battery has been in the serial interface since the original VP days so your VP2 console should be providing it.

But I’m not using the serial data logger, I’m using WeatherlinkIP and and I was wondering if that’s why the battery voltage isn’t being extracted from the console.

I misunderstood your post as being concerned about the age of the console.

I just opened my WeatherLink software and there is a Console Diagnostics option, which is showing the battery’s voltage in this report, so at least I know the console is reporting it. Still not sure why the console battery tag is showing 0.0 Vdc!

Console Diagnostics 02/23/18 2:38p
Firmware Version: 11/28/05
Total Received: 20306
Total Resynchs: 0
Total Misses: 194
Max in a Row: 700
CRC Errors: 22
% Good: 99%
Console Battery: 4.69 V