Runaway rain gauge

I thought my rain gauge was a bit generous this morning when it showed about 4 inches when I thought it should have been no more than 2 or 3. I had to restart my PC because WD wasn’t responding. That was with version 10.37S build 64. I downloaded and installed build 66. I would like to correct the total in WD, but it’s not clear to me how to do that. Weather station is a Peet Bros. Ultimeter 2100. I think my rain sensor has gone bonkers as it’s display is showing 35.11 inches for today. I don’t want to build an ark just yet.

do you mean your weather station console also showed this rain?

Yeah, the rain gauge had some corrosion causing a short. Causing a runaway gauge. I don’t know how to reset today’s total to reflect what it should be. The gauge and console will reset itself at midnite. Unless I decide to do a factory reset on the console. I want to reset/correct what is displayed in the software.

just wondering why you have put this in the bug section?
(when its a hardware fault instead)
you can set needed correct daily rain totals under control panel, offsets and initial rain, in WD

At first I thought it was a program fault. It clearly is not. Move it to wherever you like.