Updating from 10.37R b81 to latest version.

WeatherDisplay 10.37R b81
Windows 10

I am going to update to the latest version.
After making backups of all files necessary, should I remove WeatherDisplay and all of its components by Windows first.
Then do a full install (133Mb) or can I just use the zip file (82Mb) and copy over the existing wd folder.

Something else I should pay attention to?

I’ve been playing around with this over the last couple of weeks, with both an XP setup and a W10 setup, on my netbooks.

For an XP upgrade, you must use the zip method, but either will work well on a W10 system (production and test).

I tried the zip on W10 and it worked, I did get several UAC prompts on the first execution of some of the WD programs, but it worked okay. As it was a test system, I also replaced the C:/wdisplay folder with a full folder backup I made prior to starting. I then did the full B66 upgrade ( the 133mb file) and it went well, I don’t remember if I got UAC prompts for execution…
I did it full also, so I’d get a fresh everything on my system. The ‘prod’ system has been in use since 2003, so I was pretty sure there were some / many? obsolete files in it. It didn’t do a full replace of everything, known junk was still there, and I’m not certain that everything in the B66 full install replaced everything in the folder, think it triggered off date, if date was newer, replace, leave if it wasn’t.

Do remember that with the new B66, the executable main program name has changed from wdisplay.exe to weatherdisplay.exe, so you’ll need to change the program name in the start file etc, and IIRC, you’ll need to set weatherdisplay.exe to run as administrator.

Bottom line, either method worked for me.

HTH
Ken

Thanks.

Did an all new fresh start.