New weather site

Would someone kindly have a look at the new Joomla weather site I’ve been working on for a few days now, and let me know if you notice anything unusual? I would love some feedback on it as well… constructive criticism or otherwise. :slight_smile: It’s still in test mode, so there will be some things missing, and some things not working, but I’m working on getting those resolved.

http://sandbox.dansmith.ca/index.php

Thanks!
Dan

I’ll look more tomorrow, but I see the header text overlaps the graphic. (Chrome)

pqhead.png

Thanks niko, that’s because you don’t have it open in full screen. Then it will look OK.

Most of the content is overlapping like this.
You need more width on the middle section.
Full Screen 1920x1080 IE11

I don’t understand, this is how it opens, the window isn’t minimalized :? 1366x768 ThinkPad.

Seems to be ok now Google chrome, screen resolution 1920x1200 my monitor is a 16:10.

teal.

I have to correct that.
Sorry, my browser was set at 125% zoom. :oops:
At 100% zoom, everything is fine.

Still the same for me, center part is about 940 pixels wide with 200 pixel spacers on each side, so about 70% of the screen used. On your 1920 that would be about 1300 pixels. If it autosized to my screen I guess it would be fine.

Had a similar problem with my QRX.com page spent a long time sorting it all out so it looked good, then when I viewed it on a 14:3 monitor it was all over the place, altered it again only to find that it was all wrong on 16:9 widescreen monitor, but I think that I got it sorted now.

teal.

Thanks everyone for testing it out for me. Other than not having your screen at normal zoom, have you any opinions about the content? I’m slowly whittling away at getting the content over from the old site, then thinking about migrating it once I’m happy with it. I’m making a lot of use out of the Wrapper feature of Joomla to display content. I think it’s working OK.