Davis Vantage Pro2 Changed Transceiver Setting (RESOLVED)

Hi. I am running Weather Display (version 10.37 s66) with Windows 10 with a Davis Vantage Pro2 station. I have been experiencing erratic temperature and humidity readings primarily in the evening hours. It was suggested to me by Davis Tech support to change the transceiver settings on my station to something besides the typical #1 setting to hopefully bypass any local electronic signal interference near my weather station. I had to do this with the Davis weather software Weatherlink program. I run Wetaher Display to monitor my station probably 98% of the time. My question is: Do I need to change some settings in Weather Display to accomadate the changed transceiver setting and if so how do I do that? Thanks in advance for any help.

No changes needed in WD.

Thanks a lot Niko.

Hi
I did not need to do anything to WD when I had a problem middle of last year
a Vue station located 50 metres away started causing issues for my VP2 was getting erratic readings I change the ISS to a different channel and change the battery but that only partly sorted it 1 console would only pick up next doors vue not my ISS as I had a basic wifi replacement station in hand I changed the ISS and that sorted it.

You don’t actually need to use WeatherLink to change the transmitter ID if you have a console:

• Make the change to the ID number on the transmitter.
  • On the console go into setup mode by pressing DONE and the Down arrow.
  • Press DONE to move to screen 2 where you can change the transmitter ID and type of transmitter.
  • Press DONE to move the next setup screen or press and hold DONE to exit setup mode.

The update interval gets slightly longer the higher the ID number, 1 has the shortest update and 8 has the longest, so for your ISS I would stick to ID’s 1-4. :wink: