FTP error 550 directory not found

I don’t understand why all of a sudden I’m getting this message in my FTP log. I have to admit, it’s been awhile since I looked at my FTP transfers, and this is a little worrisome.

(000016)2/12/2018 22:44:07 PM - dan (192.168.x.xxx)> CWD C:\inetpub\wwwroot\weather
(000016)2/12/2018 22:44:07 PM - dan (192.168.x.xxx)> 550 CWD failed. “/C:/inetpub/wwwroot/weather”: directory not found.

I use filezilla server, and have an Admin group and a personal account set up with both a Home directory and a root directory. It seems like the change directory command is failing because it’s looking for a Linux path instead of a Windows path, and I can’t find it. I’ve been all over the config… Can anyone help?

Thanks much!
Dan

is this with filezilla did you say?

Yes, indeed. It is with Filezilla Server.

I can’t help you with that software, sorry

What FTP server software do you recommend?

I use Filezilla Server on my Apache webserver on W7 and have no problem FTP’ing to it from WD :dontknow:

What directory are you in before it tries the CWD C:\inetpub\wwwroot\weather ? Maybe you don’t need the "C:"?

Hi Niko, I’ve tried “.”, “/”, "", blank, full path, partial path, reverse and forward slashes, nothing seems to work.

Now my camera won’t connect, and it can’t find the timestampedfiles folder. I’m getting the same message, and it’s storing files in the /weather folder!!

And I can’t get the FTP conversion files working… the bottom half of my index.php page includes a lot of weather data and now it’s not converting the php to the actual numbers! It’s from a previous day’s data.

GAHK!!!