Switching website to Joomla

I’m going to attempt to recreate my weather website using Joomla. So far I only have the webcams working, but only in IE. I think to avoid a lot of headaches with the cameras I’m just going to use the VLC plugin and just let people know if they want to see the cameras, to use IE.

I’m using the Saratoga Weather Scripts on my old site which has been working quite well for over a year now, and now I just need to know how to integrate it with Joomla. I’m no Joomla newbie, I currently have 3 other Joomla sites I’ve installed and maintained for quite some time.

If someone can offer me some advice on how to display current temps and other tags either in an IFRAME or by calling a PHP file, I could use the help!

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan

Did you get this sorted? I ran my weather site through Joomla with many of the standard templates (including the saratoga template). From memory I Iframed everything in. You can use the Wrapper menu type, when creating a menu item for the page you want to display.

For some pages I manipulated the PHP to bring in the additional data I needed on that page.

Ultimately though I gave up on it. The combination of keeping up with the Saratoga updates and the Joomla updates took alot of the fun out of it! Let me know if you are still interested in doing it and need some ideas

Cheers
Andrew

Nah… I had it going for awhile, but changed my mind after I found that setting it up in Joomla was too confusing and didn’t always work. I went back to the Saratoga scripts.